Testimonial Quote of Year
"I want to say thank you for the scout who approached me and offered me this support card. It is a great purchase. I use it daily. This is a coupon that I actually use and enjoy. I should have bought two of them. I know that I will next time...and, I will give the other card away as a gift. Thank you and God bless" ~ Andy B., 2013 Camp Card user turned Scout supporter
A Scout is Thrifty...
Help them earn their own way to Summer Camp!
- Alamo Area Council is pleased to announce the Camp Card fundraising program. Scouts can earn their own way to a Summer Camp or Day Camp!
What are camp cards?
The Camp Card is an award-winning program that has proven successful in many different Boy Scout councils. Camp cards are discount cards that offer discounts at several local retailers.
- Each Camp Card is sold for $5.00, with 50% going to the unit and 50% going to the Council.
- Units are encouraged to use these funds to ensure that every Scout can attend summer camp; the Council's portion covers the cost of production, securing sponsors, promotional materials, and supports camping and other operations for Scouting year-round.
- The sale begins March 1st and ends April 13, 2013, giving units nearly 7 weeks to sell and close out their accounts.
- Units can participate in the Camp Card program RISK FREE - unsold Camp Cards can simply be returned to the Council by April 13th with no penalty
For more information, please contact Development Director, Courtney Bukowski.