Updated December 7, 2016
McGimsey Scout Park
Welcome to McGimsey Scout Park!!
Now that you have made reservations there are a few things that you will need to know and some things that we will need from you. The Adult leader in charge should always be the first to arrive and the last to leave camp.
Now we know that you are coming and who is in charge, you should meet with your entire group and share the following things. Sharing information is the key to everybody having a good experience.
- How to get to McGimsey Scout Park. (Map of McGimsey)
- Check-In Date and Arrival Time (Camp opens after 4:00 p.m. on Fridays).
- Your designated leadership for your group. Everyone should be aware of who this is, and all questions and information should be coordinated with that person.
- What items to bring and what not to bring (Rules and Guidelines).
- Please ask everyone to observe the posted speed limit in camp at all times.
- Plan a program for your group. This will ensure there is something to do at all times.
- Check-Out Date and Departure time (Camp closes at 1:00 p.m. on Sundays).
Check-In Procedures – Your Arrival at Camp
- Check-In with Camp Ranger or Camp Master immediately upon arrival.
- Two deep leadership required with each group.
- One adult per group should have Youth Protection Training.
Check-Out Procedures – Your Departure from Camp
- Clean campsites and facilities that your unit used. It is your responsibility to make sure that facilities are clean and ready for use for the next campers.
- Report any problems with facilities to Camp Ranger or Camp Master
- Present your campsite and facilities to Camp Ranger or Camp Master for Inspection.
- The Adult Leader in charge should be the last person out and must check-out with the Camp Ranger or Camp Master.
For changes in reservations please contact Matthew Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 210-740-3549