MAY: Battle for Texas Scout Night 2017
All Scouts are invited to Journey Back in Time in this immersive adventure during the Battle for Texas Scout Night.
On Saturday, May 13, 2017, beginning at 10 a.m., Battle for Texas will showcase the world’s most historically significant Alamo artifacts and connect them through heart-racing multimedia re-enactments to the past. Live 1836 reenactors will also be taking Scouts thru Texas Heritage training that supports many of the requirements for the Texas Badge. Price only $10 per Scout youth or adult!
What does the Texas Badge entail?
With respect to the Texas Badge, Battle for Texas (BFT) believes they can deliver on ALL aspects of the badge requirements. Here is the programming Battle of Texas will provide as part of the Texas Heritage Tour that scouts will embark on:
* Tour Guide from BFT favorite, “Texas Bob” who portrays an 1800’s settler to Texas
* Interaction with other re-enactors, to include William Travis, Davy Crockett and a Mexican Soldier
* Texas Heritage Tour: In addition to all other aspects of BFT Texas Bob will address the state bird, state flower and state motto.
* As scouts start their journey to Texas they will first learn about the early Spanish colonization of the land and the Indians who lived here
* Along their journey as they enter our “Gone to Texas” gallery scouts will together recite the words of “Texas, Our Texas”
* Scouts will learn along their journey about 5 Key famous and influential people to Texas; William Travis, Sam Houston, Davy Crockett, Jim Bowie and Juan Seguin.
* Our lobby will be reserved exclusively for scouts and we will have two tables set up. One table will be used for a “Draw the Six Flags of Texas” exercise; table two will be where scouts can write about one of the 5 people they learned about on their tour.
* Scouts will be challenged by William Travis to “Cross the Line” and join the Defenders in the Alamo, they will learn how to load a cannon, and will then live the final moments of the Battle as they are guided through our Gauntlet Experience; the goal of this is for Scouts to feel as if they have lived through the history as an Alamo Defender themselves in pursuit of earning this special badge
As for their visit to a historical place, BFT is just steps from the Alamo which makes that a seamless conclusion to the day.