Register NOW for Powder Horn 2017!
Powder Horn is a unique and exciting training opportunity designed to expose Venturing and Boy Scout leaders to activities and resources necessary to operate a successful high adventure program. The Course does this by:
- Helping leaders to safely conduct outdoor activities of a fun and challenging nature
- Providing an introduction to the resources necessary to successfully lead their Venturers and older Boy Scouts through a high adventure program
During this High-Adventure Resource Management Course, participants will receive:
- Knowledge of the health and safety requirements, as well as rules and regulations of the BSA, as they apply to outdoor programs
- Introduction to the skills necessary to operate outdoor programs, the various required certifications, and how to obtain these certifications
- Knowledge of how to identify local resources and consultants for high adventure activities
Powder Horn is a hands-on, intense, early-morning-to-late-night training course, which takes place at Bear Creek Scout Reservation over two weekends (Sep.29-Oct.1, 2017 and Oct. 13-15, 2017). Participants must have a current Class III BSA “High Adventure” Physical completed before participating in the Course and they must attend both weekends!
“Powder Horn is not a personal development course or a team-building experience. Its purpose is to educate the youth and adult Scouting leaders about specific high-adventure skills, to connect them to resources to deliver those skills, and to get them excited about delivering those skills in an exciting, challenging way to youth.” – excerpted from the Powder Horn Staff Guide 2014
REGISTER today by choosing the orange button to the right.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact one of us.
Yours in Scouting,
Paul Gallo Hugo Chavez
(210) 857-0325 (210) 862-7544