TRAINING for New Efficient Online Membership Registration was August 4th
Scout leadership and membership chairs for all units and districts of the Alamo Area Council are invited on Thursday, August 4, 2016, for a FREE one hour training, concerning Online Membership Registration. This training will be led by National BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA Senior Project Manager, Debra Kendrew, at the Sports Court inside the McGimsey Scout Park.
The Alamo Area Council has become a BETA Council for a new process of assisting families in joining our great program. Beginning August 1, 2016, we will offer online membership registration to new youth and adults wanting to join a unit with the Boy Scouts of America, Alamo Area Council (BSA).
Can you help us by continuing to work with the new system?
To find success with this software in the final stages of development, we need your input, patience, and support.
The Alamo Area Council wants to make sure all unit leaders (Scoutmaster, Cubmasters, Crew Advisors, etc), council employees, charter organization reps (CORs), and all who will be involved with the new BSA online membership application process have completed the following FOUR items by Friday, July 29, 2016:
For future updates and resources on this BETA Test with the Alamo Area Council, please visit www.AlamoAreaBSA.org/OnlineRegistration.
For the most up to date resources and training on the Online Registration platform, visit the National BSA site: www.Scouting.org/OnlineRegistration.
For additional questions or help, the Alamo Area Council Online Membership Registration Team can be contacted by email OnlineRegistration@AlamoAreaBSA.org or at 210-341-8611.
11 QUICK Online Registration FAQs
1. Who is able to register online with the Boy Scouts of America, Alamo Area Council? First time youth and adult members who have never been a part of the Boy Scouts of America, Alamo Area Council.
2. Does the paper membership application process go away? No. Paper applications are still available.
3. What if I don’t know if my Key 3 people are registered properly? Please contact the Council Office and request an updated roster.
4. Will this online process be available for recharters and membership renewals in the near future? It is the intent of this BETA test to offer this platform for recharters and other purposes, and to simplify the application process after this testing period. Until then, processing of recharters, merit badge counselors, etc., will stay the same.
5. Can I use my mobile device with Online Registration? Yes.
6. What payment methods are accepted to renew an individual’s membership online? Credit and debit cards are accepted. Use of a Check, ACH, Cash, and Financial Aid require use of paper registration forms.
7. What are the benefits of online membership registration for new parents and Scouting youth? It’s green. It’s fast, easy and convenient. It provides accurate spelling and contact information. No signatures are required.
8. What are the benefits of online membership registration for unit leaders? There will be no collecting forms or depositing money at the bank. There will be no completing registration paperwork and no waiting to know who’s registered. There will be no running around for signatures.
9. Is a parent/guardian signature required for online membership registration? No. The parent/guardian’s online payment of a Boy Scout membership replaces the need for a signature.
10. What happens if a youth wants to transfer their new unit membership registration to another Unit? Transfers are made offline by Council staff.
11. Is online membership registration available in Spanish? No. Paper forms must be used to register in Spanish.