March FAQ

Monthly Frequently Asked Questions 

Here are some frequently asked questions the Alamo Area Council has received for the month of March

1. How long does it take to get Council certification on Eagle applications?

The council Registrar is the only employee that can certify Eagle application, as stated in the Alamo Area Council Guidelines for Completing Eagle Rank Requirements, the Registrar has 2 weeks to certify applications. Scouts, Leaders, and Parents should plan accordingly and be respectful of the 2-week time frame.

2. How can I get my or account password reset?

All trainings, passwords, and account information for and are handled by the National BSA office. You must contact (972)580-2489 for assistance with theses websites. 

3. Can the roads at McGimsey Park get repaired? If so, when?

The roads have been repaired and elevated in efforts of avoiding the prior flooding hazard. If you still have any safety concerns or suggestions regarding the roads, do not hesitate to contact us at 210-341-8611. 

4. Is the zip line in Bear Creek going to run longer hours this summer? 

Yes, last year the zip line ran in the evenings. This year, it will run in the afternoon starting at 3 and go into the evening until 9, or when it is too dark to operate the zip line safely. Once you register for Summer Camp, you will be given information to set up an account with, which will provide enough slots for the Scouts that want to zip.

5. Is there any consideration to keep the Council office hours open later one day a week or on weekends? 

There are considerations of this concern, however as of now, we will solely be open Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. If a large demand for a change in our hours is requested, we will quickly reconsider and adjust operating hours. 

6. How can I register my child for Scouting? 

To register your child for scouting, contact us at 210-341-8611 Ext. 100 or e-mail us at: Please have the age and school of the child you'd like to register. 

7. How can I get back into Scouting?

If you are interested in getting back into scouting as a volunteer, we are happy to have you on the team! Registration is not available online, so come into our offices and we will be glad to help you. If you know the area of town you'd like to serve and a unit, this will save you some time. 

8. I need help with laborious tasks around my home. Can a Scout come to my home and aid me as a service project?

Unfortunately, Scouting does not provide these services. However, United Way can aid you in finding the service you need if you call 211.

9. When is information on Summer Camp going to be released? 

Summer Camp information and registration is already out and can be found here:

10. When does MBU (Merit Badge University) open up for registration? 

Merit Badge University is a bi-annual one day event that gives Boy Scouts ages 11-17 that opportunity to earn merit badges ranging from recreational activities like photography and horsemanship to Eagle Scout required merit badges like communications and sustainability.  

Spring registration can be found here:

Registration ends April 29, with no exceptions.  We advise you to begin your registration now, for it is a multi-step process.

11. Where can I buy Fiesta Parade tickets?

Fiesta Parade tickets can be bought through the Fiesta Commission by clicking here: http://www.fiesta-sa.orgExternal Link

12. When will Fiesta medals be sold? 

We have already began selling Fiesta medals at our front desk for $10. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.