Annual Unit Rechartering
The BSA issues charters to community organizations, to enable them to use the Scouting program under their own leadership as a service to their children, youth, and families. Re-chartering is the process of renewing the charter agreement between the BSA and the organization, and renewing the registration of youth and adult members. Every unit must recharter annually.
Rechartering on time is critical. Rechartering on time is required for units in order to qualify for the Journey to Excellence Award. It is mandatory for units to continue registration without interruption to ensure Scouts are registered and to allow for them to receive rank advancement as well as other awards, as well as for insurance coverage.
How to use Internet Rechartering
Anyone who wants to learn more about how Internet Rechartering works can take the interactive Internet Rechartering tutorial and view the help screen. If you have issues or need help please feel free to contact Melissa Moore at email@example.com.
To renew a charter online:
- Login onto the Council website: Click on Resources tab, then the Unit Resources tab. (www.AlamoAreaBSA.org)
- Click on the First Time User button.
- Enter your Access Number (list of them are below) or you can contact the Council office.
- Accept the Confidentiality Agreement.
- Create your account.
- Upload Council Information or Upload Recharter File
- Once you are finished with the online recharter process; please print out your paperwork, get the appropriate signatures, training certificates, any new applications and money and turn it into the Council office.
Recharter Your Unit
Unit Rechartering Information and Resources