Hunting Season Opens Soon at Bear Creek Scout Reservation!
Bear Creek Scout Reservation, a hunter’s paradise offers you a unique opportunity to hunt game. Sprawling across 1,000 acres of the beautiful Texas Hill Country near Hunt, Texas, Bear Creek redefines the hunting experience.
From one of 10 deer blinds you can hunt a variety of animals including: White Tail Buck, White Tail Doe, Axis, Sika, Fallow, wild turkeys and feral hogs. The reservation abounds with game from which you can take your choice.
- 10 blinds are available to be assigned by the Hunt Manager
- No camping is allowed on the property during rifle hunting season
- The Hunt Manager coordinates the hunts. Please plan to arrive between 5:00 am and 6:00 am the morning of your reservation. Failure to arrive or call on the reserved date by 6:00 am results in cancellation of your reservation.
- Hunting is by paid reservation only. Day Fee charges ($50.00 per day for each hunter) are required to be paid at the time of reservation. The form must be complete and submitted at the time of reservation.
- Hunting is by rifle only.
For the form to reserve your hunting date click HERE!
For more hunting information and price listings click HERE!
Lodging is available! Come and stay for the weekend at Bear Creek! The cottage by the creek is next to the Program Director’s residence and has two bedrooms, one bath, kitchen and Satellite TV. It sleeps four in four twin beds.
- Lodging fees ($100) are required to be paid in full when making your reservation.
Make your housing reservation when reserving your hunt or as soon afterwards as possible. Lodging is first come first serve. Click HERE for the Lodging Reservation Form.
All reservation forms should be emailed to adventure@AlamoAreaBSA.org You may also mail them to 2226 NW Military Hwy, San Antonio, TX 78213. If you have any questions, please call 210-341-8611.