Eagle Project Approval and Eagle Scout Board of Review
For Eagle Service Project Proposal Approval:
Service project proposals must be written according to the requirements in the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook – 512-927 January 2020.
- Please read the entire workbook before signing.
- Fill in the Contact Information on page Proposal Page B.
- Fill in the section titled “Eagle Scout Service Project Proposal” pages Proposal Page C – E. Include sketches, photographs, maps etc.
- Signatures on Proposal Page E are required before the Project Proposal Review is scheduled.
The entire Service Project Workbook, notebook or folder is then turned in at the front desk of the Council Service Center. Please mention that this is for River District. It will be placed in the River District box for the Advancement/Eagle Board Chairman*.
Scouts will be called on Sunday evening before the next Project Proposal Approval Review and given the time slots available to select from. Projects are scheduled every half hour from 4:30PM – 6:00PM. It is the responsibility of the Scout to contact and inform their unit leader of the date and time he/she has selected for their Project Approval.
*Note, This could take up to 2 Weeks from the time the Book is dropped off until the Project Proposal Board is Scheduled.
For Eagle Scout Board of Review:
The completed Eagle notebook containing:
- Eagle Scout Rank Application – 512-728 (January 2020 printing)
- A statement of ambitions and life purpose
- A list of leadership positions, honors and awards held in a religious
institution, school, community or other organization * located in paragraph above applicant signature on back of application
- ENTIRE Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook (containing the completed Eagle Scout Service Project Proposal, Eagle Scout Service Project Plan,Fundraising Application and the Eagle Scout Service Project Report)
- Project pictures
- The 5 unopened recommendations letters (6th letter from employer if Scout is
is turned into the front desk at the Council Service Center. Please mention that this is
for River District. *The council registrar must verify the dates for all Merit Badges/Ranks before it is turned over to the Eagle Board, they will then place the notebook in the River District box for the Advancement/Eagle Board Chairman.
*All workbooks, notebooks, and folders are picked up on Fridays by Noon. The Scout will be contacted by the Board Chairman on Sunday evening and given the times available for the next Eagle Board of Review.
*Note, This could take up to 2 Weeks from the time the Book is dropped off until the Eagle Board of Review is Scheduled.
Eagle Boards of Review are scheduled for 7:00PM, 8:00PM or 9:00PM. It is the responsibility of the Scout to contact and inform their unit leader of the date and time he/she has selected for their Eagle Board of Review. For more information or any questions please contact:
Richard Shelton at 210-843-8168 (10AM-7PM) or RiverEagleChair@gmail.com
Boards of Review are held at:
Bracken United Methodist Church
Education Building Room 3, or 5
20377 FM 2252
Boards are Held on the 2nd, 4th, and 5th Thursdays of the Month
Boy Scouts of America National Council – www.Scouting.org
National Eagle Scout Association – www.NESA.org Alamo Area Council Eagle Scout Page with Documents listed – Alamo Area NESA