The Alamo Area Council strives to achieve a balance between the consumer’s expectations; providing quality customer service and adventures; and protecting the assets of the organization.
In advance of each event, The Alamo Area Council commits financial resources to employ staff, purchase food and program supplies, and prepare for the event operation. Consequently, participants are also expected to make a financial commitment to attend Alamo Area Council events. Even though you may not be able to participate in an event or activity in which you prepaid due to a family situation or choose not to participate due to the weather forecast, this does not change the fact that the Council purchased goods and services on your behalf in expectation of your participation.
This policy applies to all events and activities held in the Alamo Area Council unless otherwise specified in the event literature and website.
To ensure the council can provide the best service to the Scouts and to make better investments into the lives of our youth the Alamo Area Council has adopted the following refund policy:
- Paid registration fees are refundable up to eight (8) days prior to the start of an event, less a 10% supply fee, upon written request with a copy of the receipt of payment.
- From the seventh (7) day up to 24 hours prior to the start of an event fees are 50% refundable, upon written request with a copy of receipt of payment.
- From 24 hours prior to the start of an event and up to seven days after the event, refunds will only be issued in the event of a valid medical emergency, summer school or military assignment. Proper documentation must be provided.
- Scouts are allowed to coordinate with other Scouts to fill the position being vacated. Please notify Council of the change and we will update the roster, as required. (With the exception of events with Wait Lists).
- Transfers to another session within the same event and same year (ex. Bear Creek Session 1 to BC Session 4) are allowed but funds cannot be transferred to another event or another year.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- When the event is cancelled by the Council a full refund will apply.
Any refund may be donated to Give The Adventure (GTA) with a written request stating the donation to Refunds@AlamoAreaBSA.org. All donations are tax-deductable.
All refund requests will only be considered if submitted in writing to Refunds@AlamoAreaBSA.org or mailed to:
Alamo Area Council
ATTN: Refund Request
2226 N.W. Military Hwy
San Antonio, Texas 7821