The Ranger Program is designed for first-year campers, teaching basic skills, while allowing the camper to get off and running on the requirements for Tenderfoot, Second Class and First Class ranks.
Merit Badges cover aquatics, ecology, field sports, handicrafts, and Scout skills. Some preparation is recommended and best done before camp to ensure the ability to complete certain merit badges.
Older Scout Program: Bear Creek is famous for offering challenging programs for older Scouts. The C.O.P.E. (Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience) course is a well-rounded, fun program with low and high element activities (confidence building and group dynamic team challenges). Also available are mountain biking, rappelling, rock climbing, black powder rifle and canoeing on the Guadalupe River. An additional fee will be charged for some of these programs.
- Bear Creek is divided into two sections. Troops who want to make use of the dining hall for their meal, camp on the Friedrich side. Three meals are provided daily except Wednesday night when troops will be provided food to prepare and eat at their campsites.
Troops who wish to experience patrol cooking, camp on the Rickenbacker side. Units bring their own food and prepare it at the campsites. Refrigeration and freezer space is provided. Ice is sold at the Trading Post.
Upcoming Scouts BSA Summer Camp Events:
- Bear Creek Scouts,BSA Summer Camp 2020-Session 1 (Jun 7th – Jun 13th, 2020)
- Bear Creek Scouts,BSA Summer Camp 2020-Session 2 (Jun 14th – Jun 20th, 2020)
- Bear Creek Scouts,BSA Summer Camp 2020-Session 3 (Jun 21st – Jun 27th, 2020)
- Bear Creek Scouts,BSA Summer Camp 2020-Session 4 (Jun 28th – Jul 4th, 2020)
- Bear Creek Scouts,BSA Summer Camp 2020-Session 5 (Jul 5th – Jul 11th, 2020)