Hello Candidates and Parents
Congratulations on your election to the Order of the Arrow – Scouting’s National Honor Society. The members of your unit chose you because of your dedication to the high ideals of Scouting. The following information will help you to complete your Induction. Your candidacy is good for One Year from your Date of Election.
PLEASE NOTE: Your Induction must be conducted within the council where your unit is chartered unless other arrangements are made.
2019-2020 INDUCTION DATES
(Please click on the name of the gathering to register.)
|EVENT||DATE OF EVENT||LOCATION||REGISTRATION CLOSES||CAPACITY LIMIT|
|MAY GATEHRING||May 17-19, 2019||Bear Creek Scout Reservation||May 13th – 11:59 PM||Unlimited|
|SEPTEMBER GATHERING||Sept. 27-29, 2019||Mays Scout Ranch||Sept. 23rd – 11:59 PM||80 Candidates|
|FEBRUARY GATHERING||Feb. 21-23, 2020||McGimsey Scout Park||Feb. 17th – 11:59 PM||125 Candidates|
|EARLY FEE||$55.00||McGimsey Scout Park||Bear Creek Scout Reservation||Mays Scout Ranch|
|REGULAR FEE||$65.00||10810 Wedgewood||125 Bear Creek Scout Road||W 3445 Fest Rd.|
|GUEST DINNER FEE||$10.00||San Antonio TX 78230||Hunt TX 78024||San Antonio TX 78264|
For Candidates the fee covers: Food, Member Sash, Member Patch, Member Handbook, Member Necklace, National and Local Membership Fees, and printing of materials.
Parents and Family are encouraged to register for the guest dinner. Stay Friday night for an adult/parent orientation and Pre-ceremony. Come Saturday and watch the induction ceremony and dine with your new Arrow Man or Arrow Woman.
Directions to Mays Scout Ranch: Mays is located just off of State Highway 16, south of Lone Star Pass on the City’s Southside
Directions to Bear Creek: From San Antonio, take I-10 West to Kerrville and exit at 505 (Harper exit). Turn RIGHT and proceed into Kerrville on Harper Rd. to route 27 (Junction Hwy.) Turn right onto 27 and head towards Ingram. As you approach Ingram, move to the left-hand lane. At the traffic light in Ingram, keep left – this will put you on route 39 to Hunt. In Hunt, turn right onto FM 1340 – you will come to Bear Creek after about 6 miles. Turn right after the Bear Creek Scout Reservation sign, enter through the first gate on your right.
- Check-IN site for McGimsey will be at the Luke & Merle Soules OA Center from 7:00 to 9:00 PM — Park vehicles in Cub Country
- Check-IN site for Bear Creek will be in the valley at the Sports Pavilion in the Leaders Lounge — 7:00 to 9:00 PM
- Check-IN site for Mays Scout Ranch in the Welcome Center – 7:00 to 9:00 PM — Park beyond Dining Pavilion in the lot to the left
Our personnel will be available to serve you between 7 PM and 9 PM – Please plan your arrival accordingly
- Arrive wearing work clothes
- Adult Candidates must have a copy of their YPT certificate
- Adults transporting youth must remain until their adult/parent orientation is completed
- Participants should eat before arriving – food service begins with breakfast Saturday morning
- All equipment should be backpacked to the site – Vehicles are to be left in the designated parking lot
For Friday night through early Saturday afternoon
Make sure all of these items are in one
bag or pack for Friday night only
|Health Form (Parts A & B), YPT||Rain gear||Drinking water|
|Long sleeve shirt, Long pants||Pencil, note pad||Drinking cup|
|Work gloves and headgear||Pocket flashlight||Necessary medicines|
|Sleeping bag, Groundsheet||Pocket knife||Wear heavy footwear|
For the remainder of Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning
Bring these items in a separate
bag or pack for Saturday afternoon & Sunday
|Scout Uniform (no MB sash)||Toilet & Shower articles|
|Regular camping items||Spending money for Trading Post|
Storage for all equipment will be provided, if needed. All food will be provided from Saturday breakfast through Sunday breakfast. Those on special diets must provide their own supplements.
You are expected to remain from the opening ceremony Friday evening till 9:00 AM Sunday morning. Medical emergencies are the only acceptable reason for leaving the camp during an Induction weekend. Guests for Saturday dinner must be wearing a wristband indicating advance registration to receive food service.
- McGimsey Scout Park – at the OA Center – enter Main Gate, turn right just past the bulletin board
- Bear Creek – in the Friedrich Parking Lot above the dining hall — continue straight on Bear Creek Scout Road W for about 1½ miles to the parking lot on your right — we will be by the water tower
- Mays Scout Ranch – under the Dining Pavilion by the Welcome Center
- All Check-outs & Membership items distribution will begin by 9:00 AM Sunday morning — Thank you