Lead The Adventure!
Venturing is an inclusive program through the Boy Scouts of America for males and females aged 14-21 (or 13 and completed the 8th grade). It’s operated through Venturing Crews, units of youth and advisors that meet on set schedules and plan activities and events for youth like you! You will love exploring your passions, making new friends, and discovering the world. You’re always looking for an adventure. Rappelling a cliff. Perfecting your shot. Designing a robot. Kayaking into the sunset. Exploring your faith. Volunteering at an animal shelter. The choice is yours! Each activity provides an opportunity to shine and learn more about yourself and the world around you. Venturing is youth-led and youth-inspired. You’ll acquire life skills and gain experiences that will prove to be valuable regardless of where your future takes you, all while having a blast: leadership, event-planning, organization, communication, responsibility — the list goes on!
To learn more about the Venturing program and why you want to be a part of it check out http://www.venturing.org!
Venturing Officers’ Association
Venturing Officers’ Association (VOA) plays an important role in the organizational structure of the Venturing program by supporting the local council and crews to grow membership through youth-led and advisor supported communication, program, and administration.
Want to run great events and help grow Venturing in Alamo Area Council? Apply to be a VOA Officer for 2021-2022!
For more information, contact the Venturing team at Venturing@AlamoAreaBSA.org or the VOA President: Gayle Hende.
2021-2022 VOA Officers
President: Dylan Archer
Upcoming Events Supported by the VOA
- 2021 Jamboree On The Air (Oct 16th, 2021, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Venturing Forum & Halloween Party (Oct 28th, 7:00 PM - Oct 29th, 2021, 8:30 PM)
- Fall Venturing Youth Training (Nov 6th, 2021, 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM)
- Open Climb at McGimsey Scout Park (Nov 13th, 2021, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM)
- Venturing Forum & Holiday Party (Dec 17th, 2021, 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM)
- Open Climb at McGimsey Scout Park (May 14th, 2022, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM)
- Flags at Fort Sam 2022 (May 29th, 2022, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM)
- 2022 Jamboree On The Air (Oct 15th, 2022, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Open Climb at McGimsey Scout Park (Nov 12th, 2022, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM)