Lead the Adventure
Venturing is a youth development program of the Boy Scouts of America for young men and women who are 13 (and have completed the eighth grade) through 20 years of age.
Venturing Officers’ Association
Venturing Officers’ Association (VOA) plays an important role in the organizational structure of the Venturing program by supporting the local council and crews to grow membership through youth-led and advisor supported communication, program, and administration.
For more information, contact the Venturing team at Venturing@AlamoAreaBSA.org or the VOA President: Patrick Roca.
2019-2020 VOA Officers
President: Patrick Roca
Vice-President of Administration: Emma Green
Vice-President of Program: Kennedy Frei
Vice-President of Communications: Gayle Hende
Council Venturing Chair
Council Staff Advisor
Upcoming Events Supported by the VOA
- Venturing Forum/Roundtable (VOA officer election) (Jun 4th, 2020, 7:30 PM – 8:00 PM)
- Venturing Recognition Banquet (Aug 1st, 2020, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM)
- Venturing Forum (New VOA Officer’s Induction) (Aug 27th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM)
- Powderhorn 2020 Weekend I (REGISTER HERE) (Aug 28th, 7:00 AM – Aug 30th, 2020, 6:00 PM)
- Venturing Forum (Sep 24th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM)
- 2020 Jamboree On The Air (Oct 16th, 6:00 PM – Oct 18th, 2020, 12:00 PM)
- Venturing Forum (Halloween Party) (Oct 29th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM)
- Open Climb at McGimsey Scout Park – Session 1 (Nov 14th, 2020, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
- Open Climb at McGimsey Scout Park – Session 2 (Nov 14th, 2020, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM)
- Venturing Forum (Nov 19th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM)
- Venturing Forum (Winter Solstice Party) (Dec 17th, 2020, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM)