MEDIA ADVISORY FOR MONDAY, June 2, 2014
MAYS FAMILY AND YOUTH LEADERS BREAK GROUND ON ADVENTURE BASE
What: Groundbreaking ceremonies for the newest facility to offer youth a unique camping experience with the fun and adventures of the great outdoors. The Mays Family Scout Ranch will be south of Downtown San Antonio and will also allow partnerships with local school districts and other youth-serving organizations.
Who: School District personnel, community leaders, and Scout supporters will participate in ceremonies led by youth members. Youth will emcee the event, perform patriotic ceremonies, and will be featured breaking ground during the event. Mariachis will also provide entertainment.
When: Monday, June 2 from 11:00 A.M. till 12:30 P.M.
Where: Mays Family Scout Ranch located at 3445 Fest Rd, San Antonio, TX. 78264 (1.7 miles South of Lone Star Pass on Hwy 16 on the left. Look for the Mays signage and balloons.)
- Youth members in Scouting uniforms and branded Mays Family Scout Ranch hard hats breaking ground with shovels on a new facility. Also, see kids filling branded Mays mason jars with fresh dirt as gifts to special guests.
- Local Community Leaders and organizations touring the facility. (Superintendent of Harlandale ISD, Rey Madrigal, Lowry Mays and son Mark Mays).
- Patriotic opening flag ceremonies with a youth choir singing National Anthem
- Mariachis providing entertainment as La Fonda Mexican Restaurant serves “Street” tacos and a “Paletero” serves various flavors of paletas (popsicles) from a pushcart.
- Mays family presented with official “branding iron” of the Mays Family Scout Ranch
- Views of the newest SCOUT ADVENTURE BASE in San Antonio.
- Youth member, Nicholas Guerra, being presented the National BSA’s highest Eagle Scout Service project award.
CONTACT: Angel Martinez, Cell / Text 210-394-9915 or email Angel.Martinez@Scouting.org