District Awards are a perfect way to recognize your leaders and show a Scouter that you appreciate all their hard work and dedication. Nominate them for a Silver Beaver Award, a District Award of Merit, or the Golden Acorn Leader Award! Listed below is a link to a PDF version of each nomination form. Before clicking on the nomination form, we ask that you please read through this page in it’s entirety as some dates or important information may have changed.
Things to know:
- Silver Beaver Award Nomination Form – this is a National Award presented by Council to Scouters for outstanding Council-level contributions and achievements. All Silver Beaver Nominations should be sent directly to the Council’s Awards Board at email@example.com, or Terry Ellis at Terry.Ellis@scouting.org All nominations are Due by Tuesday December 22nd, 2020.
- District Award of Merit Nomination Form – this is a Council Award presented by District to Scouters for outstanding District-level contributions and achievements. All nominations must be completed and emailed to the River District Awards Chair, Rick Shelton at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, January 15th, 2021.
- River Rock Leader Award Nomination Form – this is a District Award presented by District to Scouters for outstanding Unit-level contributions and achievements. Submissions are unlimited to the Unit, but ONLY ONE River Rock Leader Award will be awarded for every 20 scouts in your unit, with a minimum of one award for each unit. All nominations are Friday, January 15th, 2021 to the River District Awards Chair, Rick Shelton at email@example.com or River@AlamoAreaBSA.org.
- Award Criteria (updated:10/31/19)
- The Silver Beaver Award and the District Award of Merit Nomination Forms both have award criteria listed on the forms themselves.
- To earn the River Rock Leader Award, the nominee must:
- Nominee must be currently registered and active in Scouting.
- Nominee must have completed the training appropriate for their registered position.
- Nominee has contributed to making the BSA program they serve better.
- Nominee should follow and promote the BSA principles and guidelines.
- Nominee should set an example for other BSA leaders to follow.
- Nominee cannot have received this award previously.
If you have any questions, please contact your River District Scout Service Executive at River@AlamoAreaBSA.org.