Do Your Good Turn…Support Our Community
Scouting for Food is the largest one-day food drive in the Boy Scouts of America. Started in 1985, Scouting for Food has expanded across the country, including the Alamo Area Council. Did you know more than 43 million items have been collected since 1985?
Each year, our Scouts, leaders, and parents collect millions of items that serves food pantries and families within the Greater San Antonio Area, which includes Bexar and the 12 surrounding counties served by the Boy Scouts of America, Alamo Area Council. This annual collection meets a sizable demand for food. In partnership with the San Antonio Food Bank, this community service event’s goal is to strive towards collecting over 50,000 pounds in this one day food collection community service event.
Here is a list of Upcoming Community Service Events:
- Mays Days Service Hours Event 4th quarter 2020 (Oct 10th, 2020, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
- Scouting for Food 2020 – Fall Bag Distribution (Oct 17th, 2020, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
- Mays Days Service Hours Event 1st quarter 2021 (Jan 9th, 2021, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
- Mays Days Service Hours Event 2nd quarter 2021 (Apr 17th, 2021, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
- Mays Days Service Hours Event 3rd quarter 2021 (Jul 10th, 2021, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
View Event Videos and Photos
2015 Scouting for Food
2014 Scouting for Food. Photos on the Alamo Area Council’s flickr page by clicking HERE