Invitation to Powder Horn 2021!
We would like to invite you to be part of Alamo Area Council’s High-Adventure Resources Management Course called Powder Horn on September 24-26 and October 8-10, 2021, at Bear Creek Scout Reservation! Now is the perfect time to sign-up…before all the slots are filled! Simply go to https://mycouncil.alamoareabsa.org/Event/9830 to register!
Powder Horn is a hands-on, intense training opportunity designed to expose Leaders to activities and resources to operate a fun, successful, and challenging High Adventure Program. YOU MUST ATTEND BOTH WEEKENDS TO COMPLETE THIS TRAINING!
Powder Horn is designed to expose Scouting Adults and Youth to activities and resources necessary to operate a successful outdoor / high-adventure program of a fun and challenging nature. The course will be limited to 48 participants. Powder Horn is open to any youth who is at least 14 years of age (or 13 and has completed eighth grade, if part of a Venturing crew) or any adult registered in the BSA. Participant guidelines include:
- Must be a registered youth or adult member of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Youth must be 14 years of age (or have joined a Venturing crew if 13 years of age and completed eighth grade).
- Youth must have completed the unit’s version of leadership training (Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops, Ships, or Crews). Previous attendance at National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is recommended for youth participants but not required.
- Adults must be trained for their position.
- All participants must complete Youth Protection and Hazardous Weather training online through my.scouting.org. Because we offer water activities, climbing and boating activities at our Course, participants must complete Safety Afloat, Safe Swim Defense and Climb On Safely prior to the course. All these courses may be completed online at my.scouting.org
- Must meet the physical requirements contained in the Annual Health and Medical Record physical for a back-country environment.
- May have attended previous Powder Horn Courses as a participant or staff.
Location: Bear Creek Scout Reservation, Hunt, Texas
Participant Fee: $270.00 – this fee includes all meals, training materials, and program materials.
Participants must provide their own personal gear (i.e. camping gear).
You will have a GREAT experience!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact one of us!
Yours in Scouting,
Hugo Chavez Ryan Harris
Course Director ACD-Program
(210) 862-7544 (210) 284-5053