by Linda Dieguez for the Alamo Area BSA: 9/19/2014
Bear Creek Scout Reservation, a hunter’s paradise, offers you a unique opportunity to hunt game. Sprawling across 1,000 acres of the beautiful Texas Hill Country near Hunt, Texas, Bear Creek redefines the hunting experience.
From one of the 12 deer blinds you can hunt a variety of animals including: White Tail Buck, White Tail Doe, Axis, Sika, Fallow, wild turkeys and feral hogs. The reservation abounds with game from which you can take your choice.
- 12 blinds are available which are assigned by the Hunt Manager.
- No camping is allowed on the property during rifle hunting season.
- The Hunt Manager co-ordinates the hunts. Please plan to arrive between 5:00 am and 6:00 am. Failure to arrive or call on reserved date by 6:00 am constitutes cancellation of your reservation.
- Hunting is by paid reservation only. Applications and Day Fees ($50.00 per day for each hunter) are required to be paid at time of reservation. Checks should be made payable to the Alamo Area Council, Boy Scouts of America.
- Hunting is by rifle only.
Please see the attached brochure for price listing: 2014 BCSR Hunting Brochure.pdf
To reserve your hunting dates fill out this form:2014 Hunting Reservation Application.pdf
We offer a cabin for your convenience. The Camp Director’s Cottage ($100 per night) is the new cottage by the creek next to the Program Director’s residence. Two bedrooms, one bath, kitchen – sleeps four (4 twin beds). Satellite TV. If you are interested in using the cottage please fill out this form: 2014 Housing Request Application.pdf
Please send all reservation forms (hunting and cabin) to Linda.Dieguez@Scouting.org or fax to 210-341-7641 Attn: Linda. We will contact you upon approval of your requested dates.
Need a Hunting Safety Course? We are offering one, click here for details.