3rd Annual Council-Wide Interfaith Hike Happening February 7th 2021
A Scout is reverent. A Scout youth is reverent toward God. He or she is faithful in their religious duties and respects the convictions of others in matters of custom and religion.
This is the reason for the Annual Council-Wide Interfaith Hike that will take place on February 7th for Scout Sunday at McGimsey Scout Park. There will be various Faith Stops along the Hike Path starting at the Cub Pavilion near the Teepees. Each Faith Stop will be comprised of members of a religious institution to talk about insights into their faith via their history, root text, styles of oration, observed holidays and rituals.
Currently, we are searching for volunteers to help present each of the represented faiths at each Faith Stop (See list below). Please let us know if your faith is not listed. Please email us or call event organizer Kent Brittain at (210) 379-6034 about your interest in speaking on your faith at this great event.
Faith Volunteers are needed for the following faiths:
- Church of Christ
- Lutheran (Volunteer found)
- United Methodist
All are welcome to join us! Click the Red button below or email the Council’s Religious Relations Committee at DutytoGod@AlamoAreaBSA.org.
To encourage members to grow stronger in their faith, religious groups have developed the following religious emblems programs. The Boy Scouts of America has approved of these programs and allows the emblems to be worn on the official uniform. The various religious groups administer the programs. Contact the religious organization directly to obtain the curriculum booklets.
For more information about Religious Emblems Programs, click HERE or see below…
- Duty to God Program Information
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions about Religious Emblems Programs
- Learn How to Get Started on these programs
- See our chart of Religious Emblems Programs
- Watch the Religious Emblems Coordinator informational video
- Contact your local council service center or the appropriate religious organization (contact information is provided on the chart.) Contact your or the appropriate religious organization (contact information is provided on the .)