We would like to take a moment to recognize the following units for going above and beyond to become 2019 Baden Powell Units:
Pack 25, Oxford United Methodist Church, Roadrunner District
Pack 59, Alamo Heights United Methodist Church, Coyote District
Pack 75, St. Thomas Episcopal Church, Coyote District
Pack 89, Fellowship of San Antonio, Coyote District
Pack 102, First United Methodist Church-Boerne, Oak Tree District
Pack 146, Bandera United Methodist Church, Oak Tree District
Pack 194, Pleasanton Lions Club, Mesquite District
Pack 226, Community Bible Church, Coyote District
Pack 248, St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church, Coyote District
Pack 352, Northwest Hills United Methodist Church, Roadrunner District
Pack 380, Coleman Company, River District
Pack 458, Great NW Crossing Scouting Association, Roadrunner District
Pack 656, St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church, Coyote District
Pack 940, Oak Meadow United Methodist Church, Coyote District
Pack 2211, Forest Hills Presbyterian Church, Roadrunner District
Troop 145, Northern Hills United Methodist Church, Coyote District
Troop 157, Windcrest United Methodist Church, Coyote District
Troop 194, Pleasanton Lions Club, Mesquite District
Troop 228, Northwest Hills United Methodist Church, Roadrunner District
Troop 256, Lord of Life Lutheran Church, River District
Troop 346G, St. George Episcopal Church, Coyote District
Troop 346B, St. George Episcopal Church, Coyote District
Troop 374, Christ Fellowship United Methodist Church, Roadrunner District
To receive this award the units had to complete the following by December 2nd, 2019:
- Submit an application for Journey to Excellence and a completed Charter Renewal by December 2nd, 2019
- In addition to all leader specific training, they have completed the following additional trainings: Safety Afloat, Safe Swim Defense, BALOO (for Packs) and have read and are knowledgable about the Guide to Safe Scouting.
- Offered both Spring and Fall recruitments including online membership application acceptance.
- Conducted and Annual Adventure Planning Conference within their unit.
- Actively participated in the 2019 Camp Cards or Trail’s End Popcorn Sales.
- Educated every family in the unit and held a presentation by May 31, 2019 for the Give the Adventure Campaign.
- Youth participated in an approved Alamo Area Council Outdoor Adventure held at one of our 3 camps in 2019.
- Participated in at least 2 service projects and recorded it online at Good Turn for America.
- Tracked youth advancement using Scoutbook.
These units will receive:
- Recognition online, in the newsletter and Adventure Guide
- Recognition Streamer for the unit flag presented at the Council Wide Campout on February 29, 2020
- Free unit weekend campout at any one of our three facilities.
- 5% discounted pricing to all Alamo Area Council Camping events in 2020
The instructions and form for the 2020 Baden Powell Unit Award will be released in January 2020 online and in the Newsletters. We encourage all units to strive to be a Baden Powell Unit.
A great big thank you to all the leaders and families of the 2019 Baden Powell Units for all you do!