Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Are out of council Scouts allowed to register for these classes? Yes!
2. When and how will we receive the link to our class? Check your email the morning of the class,
they are sent out at night before each class so they should be in your email the morning of your class. They are not sent out earlier than noon the day prior to the event as registration closes for each class at noon the day before each class.
3. How will I receive my results? All of our results will be entered into the registration system after the class and as you send in your homework/prerequisites. Once completed, you can download them directly from the system.
a. Log into your MyCouncil Account
b. Click on Current events
c. Click on the class you are attending
d. Click on your name
e. On the left, choose the “requirements” option
f. To download click on “you can” and select “download results”
g. *Note, this is a PDF that has all the elements of a blue card, it is not a blue card exactly.
4. When should I receive my results? Please give the counselors at least a week to input results.
5. What is a mycouncil account? A mycouncil account is a free account through our Council Website that allows you to track your order history and see your results. Go to www.AlamoAreaBSA.org and click on “mycouncil” in the upper right corner, then click on Create an Account.
6. I am registering for a class, can I use the Check out as a Guest option? No, please make sure you are logged into your account before you register or make sure you login during the registration process. This is the only way you will be able to see your results online.
7. I followed the instructions but when I click on the event it goes back to the homepage. One of 2 things happened:
a. The results have not been published yet, please wait until the day after your class to check your results. (if they are published and nothing is entered, you will see a completion status of 0%)
b. You might have accidentally checked out as a guest when you registered. Please see Question 7 for how to backwards link to a mycouncil account.
8. I accidently checked out as a Guest, how can I fix this to see the results? The system will identify and backwards link a registration to a mycouncil account through the email address entered for the participant. What this means, if you entered the Scout’s email address under participant, you will need to create a new mycouncil account using the Scout’s email address.
If you have any other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org