Calling all Alamo Area Scouters!
Giving Tuesday is coming, and you can help us raise awareness through gratitude! While holding a sign that says #GivingTuesday and #RememberTheAlamoBSA2022, tell us how Scouting has impacted your life. You tell us about a skill you’ve learned, a topic that has captured your interest, a challenge you’ve overcome, or the Adventure you’ve experienced. Be specific! All generations of Scouts are invited to participate from the littlest Cub Scout on up!
Post on Facebook & Instagram through Giving Tuesday on November 29, 2022, to be entered into a drawing for Scouting Swag including a $50 gift card to Musselman Scout Shop just in time for the holidays!
How to participate
- Make a sign that says #GivingTuesday and #RememberTheAlamoBSA2022
- Holding the sign and
- Post a photo with #GivingTuesday and #RememberTheAlamoBSA2022 in the comments
- Post a video with #GivingTuesday and #RememberTheAlamoBSA2022 in the comments
- Post a TikTok #GivingTuesday and #RememberTheAlamoBSA2022 in the comments and tag us in it (@AlamoAreaBSA)
How are entries calculated?
- Each qualifying social media post will receive one entry to the drawing. Make sure to use the hashtags in your post so we can find your message! We will use these hashtags to count your entry into the drawing.
- Want an additional entry to the drawing? Add a link to the Alamo Area Council Website to your post so they can donate for Giving Tuesday.
Rules to follow:
- All posted messages must follow the Scout Oath and Law, and the Scouter’s Code of Conduct
- Featured individuals in the photo or video must be in field uniform
- Participants must follow all digital community guidelines
- Hashtags must be used in the post comments for us to find you and enter you into the drawing. Having it in the video or photo is not enough.
- Posts must be made on or before Tuesday, November 29, 2022
- The drawing winner will be announced in the first week of December on the Alamo Area Council’s website and social media platforms.