Is your Unit ready to jump into the Popcorn Sale?
Start by registering here:
Want to support a Scout? Find a Scout selling popcorn online:
Search for a specific Scout, or search by zip code to find the online sale sites of multiple Scouts.
Building a strong, adventurous program is a great way to keep your Scouts active and interested in the Scouting program. Popcorn sales help fund those adventures. The Alamo Area Council’s premier money-earning project is the annual popcorn sale.
- Scouting Units can earn up to 37% in commissions to pay for their Scouting adventures
- No up-front cost or risk to the Units
- Scouts learn salesmanship and build confidence
- 73% of all sales stay right here in our local area
Many Units have raised sizable amounts of money from popcorn sales; providing for a secure and stable source of income to cover the cost of camping, badges/advancement, special events, Scout nights, and other outdoor adventures. Sign your Unit up to participate in this Council-sponsored fundraiser that has proven successful for over 35 years, with $3 billion returned to Scouting nationwide at an average of $150 million each year!
Fundraisers, such as the Trail’s End Popcorn Sale, not only support our Units, but also provide support for Scouting Council-wide to help us serve members and volunteer leaders with top notch programs, training opportunities, and camping facilities.
2019 Training Events
Training videos for Scouts, Parents, and Unit Leaders
Trail’s End Popcorn has provided training videos for your use and benefit. The videos are available here: Popcorn Training Videos (Trail’s End Web site). Click the Unit Training link at the top center of the linked page.
Sample videos from THE TRAIL’S END TRAINING SITE
Unit Leaders will use the Trail’s End Popcorn System to place all popcorn orders.
2019 POPCORN SALE NEWS
Regular Warehouse Hours (Aug. 28 – Nov. 1)
Wednesdays – 3:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Thursdays – 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Fridays – 2:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Specific Saturdays, 8/24, 9/7, 10/5 – 9:00 a.m. – Noon
2019 Popcorn Theme and Patch
What would be an ideal year of Scouting in your Unit and for your Scouts?
Would it involve Bear Creek? The Summit? Day Camp at the McGimsey Scout Park? Camping on the USS Lexington? Mays Family Scout Ranch? Philmont?
What is your goal? What is your plan to achieve your goal?
Popcorn Funds Scouting Adventures!!!
2019 DISTRICT POPCORN KERNELS
(First line contact for Unit Leaders)
Parents and Scouts should first contact their Unit Popcorn Kernel with question.
|Oak Tree||Greg McCulley|
WHO CAN SELL POPCORN?
Any registered youth is eligible to sell popcorn . . . Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturers, Sea Scouts, and Explorers. If your Pack, Troop, Crew, Ship, or Post chooses not to sell, YOU STILL CAN order popcorn to “earn your own way” and even some great prizes.
HOW TO GET STARTED:
1. Check with your Unit Leaders to find out if they are organizing the sale. If so, they will provide you with all the information you need. If not, continue on to step 2.
2. Talk with the Leaders and other parents in your Unit to see if YOU can organize the sale. Sometimes Units don’t participate because they just don’t know how to get started or don’t have a dedicated parent to make it all happen. YOU can be that parent!!! Whether it’s for the entire Unit, a Den or Patrol, or even just one Scout, YOU can make a difference!!! Remember, your Scouts and Unit can earn up to 37% in commissions and great prizes. To get started, register at: Unit Popcorn Registration (Unit Leader Login) and take the online training to get all the information you need.
3. If your Scout is the only one interested in selling from your Unit, you can still register online, take the training, and sell in person, online, or both. Maybe some of your fellow Scouts will even decide to join you after all. Questions about a Lone Scout? popcorn@AlamoAreaBSA.org
FOR MORE INFORMATION, EMAIL POPCORN@ALAMOAREABSA.ORG
Ordering deadlines will be strictly observed. A Unit’s account must be paid in full before their Unit Prize Order will be approved.
All Unit Accounts must be paid by 1 PM, Saturday, December 7.
2019 COMMISSION STRUCTURE
35% – Base commission
2% – No returns OR sell more than 2018 sale
40% for all online sales
Keep Your Unit’s Commission
Units keep their sales commission and submit only the portion due to the Council on or before the 1:00 p.m., Saturday, December 7 deadline.
Balance due can by found by viewing / printing your Unit invoice on the Popcorn System (Unit Leader Login required).
COUNCIL PATCHES and PRIZES
Patch, Prize, and t-shirt orders MUST be received by Monday, December 9. After this date, the Council reserves the right to decline requests.
Individual Scout sales totals for all sales types must be entered in the Trail’s End Popcorn by a Unit Leader.
Total sales from Show & Sell, Take Order, and Online MUST be entered in the Popcorn System by a Unit Leader to be calculated and counted towards Council Gift Card Prizes, Patches, t-shirts, and Bonus Prizes.
Scouts must sell at least $25 in popcorn to receive the Council Popcorn Patch. At least one online sale must be made to receive the Online Sales patch piece.
A Scout is Trustworthy – Please respect the spirit of the contests.
$600 CLUB WEEKLY DRAWINGS
Scouts that sell $600 (and in $600 increments beyond $600) may be entered for a chance to win a $50 Scout Shop Gift Card.
- Each Scout’s entry (entries) will carry over into following weeks.
- For every $600 a Scout sells, he/she may receive one entry in this drawing.
- Drawings will be held each Tuesday and announced by email.
- The selected Scout(s) will receive a $50 gift card to the Scout Shop.
- Individual Scouts may only win once.
Unit Popcorn leaders must update the Trail’s End Popcorn System by 11:59 p.m. each Monday for a Scout’s sales to be considered for that week’s drawing.
Each week, an extra name will be drawn: Week 1=1 Scout; Week 2=2 Scouts, etc…
Sell $750, or more, and receive a specially designed T-Shirt. T-shirts will be delivered in early January.
The Top 200 sellers, council-wide, will be invited to attend a special event. More details to come…
The Top 100 sellers, council-wide, will be invited to take part in the annual Spin-n-Win prize giveaway. More details to come…
Top Selling Scouts will be determined using the Scout Tracking information as entered by Unit Leaders.
$2500 SALES COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
Scouts who sell at least $2500 (online, face-to-face, or combination) in any calendar year will receive 6% of their total sales invested in their own college scholarship account. More details are available online at TRAIL’S END COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP.
DISTRICT’S TOP SELLING SCOUT
Each District’s Popcorn Kernel will work with their Units to determine the Top Selling Scout for the entire sale. That Scout will receive a special prize.
DISTRICT’S TOP SELLING UNIT (by percentage of selling Scouts)
Each District’s Popcorn Kernel will work with their Units to determine the Top Selling Unit by percentage. That Unit will receive a special prize.
under construction, please check back
- Parent/Scout Handbook (2018)
- Show & Sell Do Not Call List
- 2018-2019 Unit Program Planner
- 2018 Unit Kernel Position Description
- 2018 Unit Kernel Handbook
- 2018 District Kernel Position Description
- 2018 Training Videos (provided by Trail’s End)
- Popcorn Sales Receipts
- 2018 Show & Sell Business Letter
Show & Sell Certificate of Insurance –
- Some businesses request a Certificate of Insurance (COI) in order for your Unit to sell on their property. If requested, these can be provided by Council and may take up to 72 hours to process. We will not provide blank or unassigned certificates.
- Email UNIT TYPE & NUMBER, BUSINESS NAME & ADDRESS, AND SALES DATE(S) & TIMES to our new Scouting Relations Specialist, Sam Cardona, for processing. He may be reached at Samuel.Cardona@Scouting.org or 210-341-8611 x100.
COLLEGE / MISSION SCHOLARSHIP FUNDED BY TRAIL’S END
Updates to links and deadlines are forthcoming.
- Click here for the Trail’s End Scholarship Website
- Click here to view your Scholarship Account
- Scholarship Enrollment Form – more details to come.
- Scholarship Payout Form – This form is used to submit for payout of the account once all eligibility requirements are met.
- Terms & Conditions – Please review the program’s full terms and conditions.
BSA FISCAL POLICIES & PROCEDURES
IMPORTANT – PLEASE REVIEW!!!
BSA Unit Money Earning Application (required for all non-council fundraising activities)
LDS SCOUTING POPCORN SALES RESOURCES
LDS Scouting Popcorn Sale Fact Sheet
Popcorn Sales for LDS Scouting Units FAQ – Prepared by C. Bradford Allen, LDS Relations Director, BSA