Scouting at Home Resources for youth in the Scouts BSA program.
It is the Scout’s responsibility to receive Scoutmaster approval prior to the start of the merit badge, as stated in the Guide to Advancement. All requirements will be managed through our new online system and Scouts will be able to see results through their mycouncil account. Approximately 1 week after the class is complete, they will download a PDF with every element of a blue card directly through their MyCouncil account. This being said, it is imperative that you create or login to your mycouncil account when you sign up for a class.
BSA ID numbers are required in the registration, we require these so they will print on the results. If you do not have your BSA ID number you can locate it on your Scoutbook account or by reaching out to your unit leadership.
*Links to classes will be received by the morning of each class. If you do not have it by 8:30 am the morning of the class, email firstname.lastname@example.org , include the Scout name and class you are attending in the email. If your email bounces back when we send the link out because it is entered incorrectly in the registration, you will not receive the link. It is imperative that you enter the correct email in the registration to ensure you receive the link. A best practice is to enter the Scout email and a parent email into the registration to ensure someone receives it. Please note, we will not be available outside of business hours to resend links, so please do not wait until 30 minutes or closer to your class to find out you are missing your link.
The Summer Merit Badge Extravaganza merit badge class offerings have a no refund/no transfer policy. If you need to cancel your registration, please email Adventure@alamoareabsa.org and we will delete your registration to allow another Scout to join.
Upcoming Virtual Merit Badge Classes
- Full – Citizenship in the World Online (Aug 13th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- Full – Reading MB Online (Aug 17th, 2020, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM)
- Astronomy MB Online (Aug 24th, 2020, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM)
- Coin Collecting Online (Aug 24th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- Engineering MB (Aug 24th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- Full – Citizenship in the Community MB Online (Aug 25th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM)
- Full – Communications Online (Aug 27th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM)
- Full – Archery MB – Hybrid Class (Sep 9th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- Full – Geology MB Online (Sep 14th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- Horsemanship MB – Hybrid Class (Sep 14th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- Genealogy MB Online (Sep 22nd, 2020, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM)
- Collections MB (Sep 24th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- Coin Collecting Online (Oct 5th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- Horsemanship MB – Hybrid Class (Oct 5th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- Archery MB – Hybrid Class (Oct 8th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- Full – Digital Technology (Oct 15th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- Full – Orienteering Hybrid (Oct 20th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)