REGISTRATION & SALE DETAILS
Timeline & Important Dates (March 5 – June 19, 2020)
- Thursday, March 5, 2020- Roundtable Camp Card Sign Out
- Friday, April 24, 2020- 300 Champion Club (NEW PROMOTION FOR 2020!)
- Friday, June 19, 2020- (Final Deadline for Payment & Unsold Cards)
Starting March 16, 2020 -Please schedule time for pick up by emailing Campcards@alamoareabsa.org due to revised Council office hours during the COVID-19 virus
UNIT SALES RESOURCES:
WHAT ARE CAMP CARDS?
The Alamo Area Council Camp Card Program provides an opportunity for Cub Scout Packs, Scout BSA Troops, and Venturing Crews to help pay their Scouts’ way for camps and other programs; to help units pay for their spring and summer activities or special projects; and for the council to continue quality programs, activities and facilities that support Scouting in our 13 counties in South Central Texas.
Each camp card sells for $5.00. Local Scouting units keep $2.50 automatically for each card sold. The Alamo Area Council receives the other $2.50 to help continue its support of local Scouting, and to pay for the preparation, printing and distribution costs of the card. ***NEW*** Units are eligible to earn an additional $0.25 on all cards sold and paid for in the 1st month of the sale. A minimum of 300 Cards must be sold to qualify for this promotion and monies must be turned in to the office by April 24, 2020.
Each Camp Card includes a variety of one-time discounts along with multi-use discount offers that can be used throughout the year. Purchasers of the Camp Cards can get their purchase amount back immediately when they use the coupons for their next retail purchase, or the other one-time use offers. These discount offers from local businesses make the Camp Card an extraordinary value for Scouting supporters!
- Local units check out Camp Cards at district roundtables or the council service center.
- Units distribute cards to their youth members – two easy-to-use forms help keep track of cards.
- Youth sell the cards to friends, neighbors, family members, and others
- Youth turn in $5.00 for each card sold (or not returned), and any unsold cards, to their units.
- Units turn in $2.50 for each card sold. All unsold cards returned to the council before deadline are not charged to unit.
- Payment may be made by check or credit card. Temporary checks CAN NOT be accepted. Camp Cards will only be issued and returned at the Council Service Center, at 2226 NW Military Hwy. For more information, please contact Campcards@AlamoAreaBSA.org.
Payment and/or Unsold Cards Return Deadline
- Friday, June 19, 2020, 3:30 PM – Payment and ALL UNSOLD CARDS due at Council Service Center.
- LATE FEE DATE: Monday, June 22 – A LATE FEE OF $1 PER CARD will be applied to all unpaid/non-returned cards. No exceptions! Every card remaining in unit inventory will require payment to Council of $3.50 per card ($2.50 original cost + $1.00 late fee).
- Payments and Camp Card Returns WILL ONLY be accepted at the Main Council Office.