The Boy Scouts of America, Alamo Area Council (BSA) receives information about community events and organizations or products/services that we think important to share with you. Please note that the listing of these community events and programs does not signify their endorsement by the BSA. The BSA cannot be responsible for the content or accuracy of these events and programs.
Submit your Event information with the ‘Who, Why, What, Where, and How details’ for approval to the Alamo Area Council with the email subject ‘Community Bulletin Board’ to CommunityBB@AlamoAreaBSA.org.
- FEBRUARY 2021 – SCOUT MONTH AT LEGOLAND DISCOVERY CENTER – Scouts enjoy FREE Admission in February when they visit in uniform. Friends and family members get a discounted ticket for only $15.99 using code SCOUT21! No reservation required for scouts.
- Who: LEGOLand Discovery Center – 849 E Commerce St Suite 910, San Antonio, TX 78205
- Where/When: 849 E Commerce St Suite 910, San Antonio, TX 78205, order tickets in advance at https://www.legolanddiscoverycenter.com/san-antonio/whats-inside/events/scout-month/ with code: SCOUT21!
- To Book:
- Use Code SCOUT21 to purchase your accompanying adult tickets for $15.99. No reservation is needed for your FREE scout ticket.
- Scouts must be present and in uniform to receive deal. If Scout is not present, refunds will be given and full price tickets must be purchased.
- Try one of our great add-ons:
- Patches available for $3
- The Great LEGO Race Virtual Reality Experience available for $5
- Activity Packs available for $5
- To Book:
- MARCH 2, 2021 – A BETTER COVID-19 AND DISABILITY – VIRTUAL EVENT
Barriers to information, health care, technology, employment, housing, recreation, education, and transportation are a daily fact of life for most individuals with disabilities. These barriers intensify during emergencies and it is important to understand the unique challenges impacting the disability community during the COVID-19 pandemic. The “Gathering Experiences of People with Disabilities During COVID-19” Survey is complete and we’d like to share our findings as we engage in conversation around the results and recent updates in the areas of the vaccine, education, employment, and access to food, shelter, and medical care.
Register to attend: https://www.disabilitysa.org/march-2nd-covid-19
- APRIL 6, 2021 – A BETTER EARTH AND DISABILITY – VIRTUAL EVENT
‘Going Green’ means to live life, as an individual as well as a community, in a way that is friendly to the natural environment and is sustainable for the earth, and Earth Day is the annual day of awareness that celebrates the green lifestyle. Earth Day spurs us to see our environment — and one another — in a new way, to turn the invisible into the visible, to transform the disposable into the invaluable. Earth Day also reminds us that we’re part of an interconnected ecosystem that’s sensitive to human impact and that we’re part of an interconnected regional economy that’s sensitive to environmental forces. Join us in conversation as we explore how the disability community can help lessen our impact as we engage in discussion around DME recycling, sustainable gardening and health, medicine disposal, proper med disposal, accessible outdoor opportunities and more. This #EarthDay, we’re uplifting + centering our disability communities in the fight for #EnvironmentalJustice!
Register to attend: https://www.disabilitysa.org/april-6th-a-better-earth.html