Advancement is the process by which youth members of the Boy Scouts of America progress from rank to rank in the Scouting program. A fundamental principal of advancement in Cub Scouting, Scouts BSA, Sea Scouts, and Venturing is the growth a young person achieves as a result of his/her participation in unit programs. Advancement tracking is primarily handled through BSA’s FREE mobile web application, Scoutbook. If you have any Scoutbook questions or need support, please send an email to Scoutbook.Support@scouting.org for assistance.
You will need your unit BSA ID number to get started. If you have questions or issues, please contact our certified registrar, Melissa Moore, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 210-341-8611 Ext. 101.
PLEASE NOTE: The Musselman Scout Shop needs either Internet Advancement advancement report or ScoutBook advancement report (even viewed digitally on your phone) to purchase any restricted badges (ranks, merit badges, etc). Replacement badges can be verified in ScoutBook.
Begin Using INTERNET Advancement
What is the Difference Between Internet Advancement and Scoutbook?
Internet Advancement and Scoutbook are both tools to add advancement information into the same Scoutbook Database. The Scoutbook Database is integrated with the other BSA databases so the advancements flow between them.
The difference between Scoutbook and Internet Advancement has to do with features of the application.
Internet Advancement currently supports:
- Entering Rank, Adventure, Award, and Merit Badge completions to be recorded.
- Roster printing
- Advancement report printing, including an advancement report for Scout Shop use.
- Regular uploading a file from a 3rd party application for reporting and to obtain a report for the Scout Shop.
- For more information on Internet Advancement see our guide here.
Scoubook offers all of what Internet Advancement offers (except the regular upload from a 3rd party application) and adds the following:
- Tracking of requirements for advancements and awards
- Many more reports and ad-hoc reporting
- Service, payment, camping and hiking logs.
- For more information about Scoutbook see our guide here.