To protect the name and values of the Boy Scouts of America, Alamo Area Council (BSA) as well as the many reputable companies already licensed with us, only companies that can exhibit a commitment to the BSA brand, have established production and distribution capabilities, and/or offer a new or unique product will be granted the opportunity to obtain a BSA license. To help you better understand our licensing process, we’ve outlined the different opportunities available and what we require so that you may determine the best business model for your company.
These opportunities include:
- Selling to Boy Scouts of America
- Selling Wholesale to Commercial Markets
- Selling Directly to All Local Councils
- Selling Directly to Members and Units
- Selling Directly to a Single Council like the Alamo Area Council
BSA is currently investigating international licensing opportunities.
A royalty waiver may be eligible when products are donated to a local council. Please complete the appropriate form and submit to BSA for review when making such a request. Go here to download the form.
Selling to the Alamo Area Council
To qualify as a Single Council Supplier, the manufacturer must be located within the service area of the council and products may not be sold for resale purposes.
BSA Requirements for Single Council Suppliers
You may qualify to become a BSA Single Council Supplier, provided you are a manufacturer, rather than solely a middleman or distributor, and if your company meets the following requirements:
- Supplier headquarters must be located within the service area of the council
- Products sold must be manufactured within the service area of the local council
- Products may not be sold for resale purposes
- Single council suppliers may sell only to the local council that serves the area where its headquarters is located or its units of that local council
Any supplier desiring to sell to more than one council or to units of more than one council is required to have a license agreement and is subject to the requirements set forth in that agreement set by the Boy Scouts of America.
Request a BSA/Single Council/Supplier Product Sourcing Agreement.