Scouting at Home Resources for youth in the Scouts BSA program.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Virtual Merit Badge Extravaganza
- Are out of council scouts allowed to register for these classes? Yes, we do offer Hybrid (partial in person) classes that you will be unable to complete in full if you cannot attend in person, but you are welcome to sign up and attend the zoom portion for a partial.
- I am registering for a class, can I use the Check out as a Guest option? Yes, but you will need to create a MYCOUNCIL account on our website at some point to be able to access your class results.
- What is a MYCOUNCIL account? A mycouncil account is a free account through our Council Website that allows you to track your order history and see your results. Go to www.AlamoAreaBSA.org and click on “mycouncil” in the upper right corner, then click on Create an Account.
- I don’t know my BSA ID number, why is it needed and where can I find it? We require these so they will print on the results. If you do not have your BSA ID number you can locate it on your Scoutbook account or by reaching out to your unit leadership.
- When and how will we receive the link to our class? Check your email the morning of the class, they are sent out at night before each class so they should be in your email the morning of your class.
- How will I receive my results? You will log into the MYCOUNCIL account you use or created and download a PDF with your results.
- Log into your mycouncil account
- Click on Current events – you must click it (if you are looking for a past event it will not show as a current event and it will show “you are not registered for any upcoming events” click on the calendar icon to access all your events including your past events.
- Click on the class you are attending
- Click on your name
- On the left, choose the “requirements” option
- To download click on “you can” and select “download results”
- *Note, this is a PDF that has all the elements of a blue card, it is not a blue card exactly.
- When should I receive my results? Please give the counselors at least a week to input results.
- What if I can’t see my class listed under my Current Events? You are using a different email address to log into your MYCOUNCIL account than the one you entered into the registration system for the participant of the class. The system links through that specific email. Send an email to Adventure@alamoareabsa.org include the name and date of the class, the scout’s name and the email address you are using to log into the MYCOUNCIL account to view results. We can quickly fix this situation by updating the email address to match.
- I’m a Merit Badge Counselor and would be interested in volunteering to teach a class. Wonderful! Please email Adventure@AlamoAreaBSA.org and Chris or Linda will reach out to coordinate with you directly and get your class set up.
- Where can I find more information? All of our registration pages contain specific detailed information for each class, be sure to read everything before and as you register for each individual class. All classes have a PROGRAM tab with more information, make sure you click and read that tab, as well.
The Virtual Merit Badge Extravaganza merit badge class offerings have a no refund/no transfer policy.
If you have any other questions, please email Adventure@alamoareabsa.org .