The BSA issues charters to community organizations, to enable them to use the Scouting program under their own leadership as a service to their children, youth, and families. Re-chartering is the process of renewing the charter agreement between the BSA and the organization, and renewing the registration of youth and adult members. Every unit must recharter annually.
Rechartering on time is critical. Rechartering on time is required for units in order to qualify for the Journey to Excellence Award. It is mandatory for units to continue registration without interruption to ensure Scouts are registered and to allow for them to receive rank advancement as well as other awards, as well as for insurance coverage.
How to use Internet Rechartering
To renew a charter online:
- Go to http://my.scouting.org
- BSA WebLinks
- Internet Rechartering
- Enter Access Code that was emailed to the unit in September
- Unit Type and Unit Number
- Upload Council Information or Upload Recharter File
- Once you are finished with the online recharter process; please print out your completed recharter packet (Not E-Z Summary or Draft version) bring packet along with any new applications (as stated on page 1 of packet) Annual Charter Agreement, payment (DO NOT use the online payment option) turn it into the Council office. (Monday – Friday 9 am to 5 pm)
Recharter Your Unit
- Click to access Online Internet Unit Rechartering >>