The BSA issues charters to community organizations, to enable them to use the Scouting program under their own leadership as a service to their children, youth, and families. Re-chartering is the process of renewing the charter agreement between the BSA and the organization, and renewing the registration of youth and adult members. Every unit must recharter annually.
Rechartering on time is critical. Rechartering on time is required for units in order to qualify for the Journey to Excellence Award. It is mandatory for units to continue registration without interruption to ensure Scouts are registered and to allow for them to receive rank advancement as well as other awards, as well as for insurance coverage.
The online system will open on October 1, 2018 for you to begin your recharter process. All recharters should be in the office no later then January 4, 2019. The Council office will be closed December 22 through January 1, 2019.
How to use Internet Rechartering
To renew a charter online:
- Login onto the Council website: Go under Quick Links and click on Unit Recharter.
- Click on the First Time User button. (Every year you must register as a First Time user regardless if you did this last year)
- Enter your Access Number (Can be found in your recharter packet, by clicking on the button below or you can contact the council office)
- Accept the Confidentiality Agreement.
- Create your account.
- Upload Council Information or Upload Recharter File
- Once you are finished with the online recharter process; please print out your paperwork (please print the entire packet-not the E-Z Summary) get appropriate signatures, training certificates, any new applications and money and turn it into the Council office. Please make sure that everything is complete when turning in as it will hold up the processing of your charter.
Recharter Your Unit
- Click to access Online Internet Unit Rechartering >>
- Internet Rechartering Tutorial
- Internet Rechartering Help >>