Boy Scouts of America, Alamo Area Council’s performance recognition program for units is named after Scouting’s founder, Robert Baden-Powell. BP’s spirit is alive and well in our local community. The heart of this Baden Powell recognition is to make better units. Ultimately, better units means better programs for our youth. Learn more below.
Submit this completed application with your completed Charter / Renewal by December 2nd. Baden Powell units will receive recognition in the Adventure Guide, Council website and newsletter, a Baden Powell recognition streamer, Facility Rental Voucher for FREE Unit Weekend Campout at an Alamo Area Council Property*, and 5% Discounted pricing to all Alamo Area Council camping events the following year.
Recognition and BP Status Benefits
Baden Powell units will receive the following recognition and benefits:
- Adventure Guide announcement
- Council website and newsletter shout out
- FREE Baden Powell unit recognition streamer
- Facility Rental Voucher for FREE Unit Weekend Campout at an Alamo Area Council Property*
- 5% Discounted pricing to all Alamo Area Council camping events
10 Achievements to Becoming a Baden Powell Unit?
As a Baden Powell unit, we used the methods of Scouting as shown by
- Submitting the application for Journey to Excellence Award by December 2nd. www.AlamoAreaBSA.org/JTE
- In addition to having our Registered leaders completely trained in New Youth Protection Training (YPT) and Leader Specific Training, we had at least one leader complete AND their record reflected online one of the following:
- Take Safety Afloat (Online)
- Take Safe Swim Defense (Online)
- Read and be knowledgeable about the Guide to Safe Scouting (Online)
- BALOO trained for Packs
- We submitted our completed charter, with all signatures and no errors, by December 2nd www.AlamoAreaBSA.org/Recharter
- We ACTIVELY offered both Spring and Fall recruitment opportunities to join our unit including online membership application through the www.BeAScout.org website. Learn more at www.AlamoAreaBSA.org/OnlineRegistration
- We conducted an Annual Adventure Planning Conference (AAPC) to plan our unit activities and budget.
- We ACTIVELY participated in CampCard AND/OR Trail’s End Popcorn Sales to secure the financial resources to deliver a quality program. www.AlamoAreaBSA.org/CampCards or www.AlamoAreaBSA.org/Popcorn
- We educated every family in our unit and offered them the opportunity to participate in the Give the Adventure (GTA) campaign (formerly Friends of Scouting). We held a GTA Unit presentation by May 31st www.AlamoAreaBSA.org/GTA
- We had our youth participate in an approved Alamo Area Council outdoor adventure held at either McGimsey Scout Park, Mays Family Scout Ranch or Bear Creek Scout Reservation. www.AlamoAreaBSA.org/Adventure
- We participated in at least TWO service projects last year, like Scouting for Food, and recorded it online at Good Turn for America www.AlamoAreaBSA.org/GoodTurn
- We tracked our youth advancement using the free official BSA Advancement tracking platform called Scoutbook that has been SYNCHED to the online internet Advancement program. www.AlamoAreaBSA.org/Scoutbook
*FREE Rental for unit weekend camping coordinated through the Outdoor Adventures Team based on facility availability at Bear Creek Scout Reservation, McGimsey Scout Park, and Mays Family Scout Ranch. Email Rentals@AlamoAreaBSA.org or visit www.AlamoAreaBSA.org/BadenPowell for more information. Includes campsite rental only.