Cub Scout Outdoor Adventures
Cub Scouts is a year-round program for boys 7-10 years old or those in 1st - 5th grades, and is designed to meet the needs of young boys and their parents. The Alamo Area Council delivers programs that are structured for the purpose of helping develop character, achievement, leadership, service to others and appreciation of the outdoors in youth.
Family involvement is an essential part of Cub Scouts, and parents are strongly encouraged to play an active role in the program.This family and community-centered approach to learning results in time well spent.
The Purposes of Cub Scouting
- Positively influences character development and encourages spiritual growth
- Helps boys develop habits and attitudes of good citizenship
- Encourages good sportsmanship and pride in growing strong in mind and body
- Improves understanding within the family
- Strengthens boys' ability to get along with other boys and respect other people
- Fosters a sense of personal achievement, by helping boys develop new interests and skills
- Shows youth how to be helpful and do ones best
- Provides fun and exciting new things to do
- Prepares boys to become Boy Scouts
Additional Cub Scout Resources
Outdoor Adventure for Cub Scouts - Camping (Overnight) Events
Outdoor Adventures for Cub Scouts - Day Events