San Antonio League of Scouting Alumni
Mission: SALSA is a committed group of Scouting volunteers from ALL backgrounds that assist council and district level events and activities. Members include Alamo Area Council board members, district volunteers, past donors, former scouts, current or past volunteers, and current Scouting families. Membership in this group is as simple as practicing the values of the Scout Oath and Law in all aspects of life. Our SALSA family welcomes all to our bi-monthly committee meetings or quarterly socials. Visit the council calendar for upcoming events.
History: The Alamo Area Council launched our local Alumni Association (SALSA) in the Fall of 2015. SALSA welcomes EVERYONE positively and personally impacted by the Boy Scouts of America — and we especially want to hear from former Scouts, their family members, and Scout leaders. Your experiences are examples of our history and the impact we have on the future.
Please click the Join Now button to REMEMBER…REKINDLE…RECONNECT…REINVEST…
Joining is easy, free, and the form should only take just a few minutes of your time to complete!
- Ghost – Free – SALSA waterproof sticker
- Hatch – $35 – Luggage tag w/ SALSA emblem
- Cayenne – $75 – Council strip – Once a Scout, Always a Scout
- Jalapeno – $150 – Beverage coasters w/ SALSA emblem
- Carolina Reaper – $250 – Pint beverage glasses – set of 4 w/ SALSA logo
- Habanero – $500 – Embroidered Nike golf polo w/ SALSA logo
SALSA created membership levels to better assist and aid the needs of Scouting events, activities, and resources at the council level. Fees directly support camp properties/ projects and general operations.
SALSA COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Dr. John Thomas- SALSA Chairman,
- Mike Moore- SALSA Membership Chair
- Renee Greer- SALSA Social Media Chair
- Bo Jackson- Service Committee Chair
- Jim Lynch- Treasurer & Awards Committee Chair
- Mike Snell-Member at Large
- Debbie Carson- Member at Large
- Chris Moore- Member at Large
- Aaron Elizondo- Council Staff Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org