Providing Youth a Summer Full of Adventure
From crafting and skit performances to learning about the world, our summer camp stands out when it comes to preparing kids for life and older Scouting programs.
- Children in First grade through fifth can participate in Day Camp.
- Tigers (children in 1st grade) may attend Day Camp, or Tiger Day Camp, but are required to have an adult partner with them at camp.
- Lions (children in Kindergarten) may attend the Evening with the Lions Event – designed to be a special welcome event for our newly recruited Lions. A parent must be present with the Lion to attend.
- Our Day Camps vary in length, time, and location.
Campership Applications for Cub Scout Day Camp and instructions are available here:
Upcoming Cub Scout Day Camp events:
- Alamo Area Council Twilight Camp – McGimsey Week 3 (Jun 27th, 2:00 PM – Jul 1st, 2022, 9:00 PM)
- Alamo Area Council Day Camp – Canyon Lake (Jun 6th, 8:30 AM – Jun 9th, 2023, 3:30 PM)
- Tiger Day Camp 2023 (Jun 10th, 9:00 AM – Jun 11th, 2023, 3:00 PM)
- Evening With Lions (Jun 10th, 2023, 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM)
- Alamo Area Council Day Camp – McGimsey Week 1 (Jun 12th, 8:00 AM – Jun 16th, 2023, 3:00 PM)
- Alamo Area Council Day Camp – McGimsey Week 2 (Jun 19th, 8:00 AM – Jun 23rd, 2023, 3:00 PM)
- Alamo Area Council Day Camp – Boerne (Jun 26th, 8:30 AM – Jun 28th, 2023, 3:30 PM)
- Alamo Area Council Twilight Camp – McGimsey Week 3 (Jun 26th, 2:00 PM – Jun 30th, 2023, 9:00 PM)
- Alamo Area Council Day Camp – Kerrville (Jun 29th, 8:30 AM – Jun 30th, 2023, 3:30 PM)
What to Expect at Camp in 2022
(Designed especially for Scouts entering Kindergarten in the fall of 2022)
This event is for Newly recruited Lion Scouts and their parents. Lions are any scout entering Kindergarten in Fall of 2022. Bring your swimsuits and come out to join us for an amazing evening with our new Lion Scouts.
(Designed especially for Scouts entering First Grade in the fall of 2022)
Nothing says adventure like two days of outdoor Cub Scout fun. Swimming, hiking, visits to the BB and Archery ranges, games, and crafts will make you roar with laughter! Bring your parent partner and discover more about being a Cub Scout. Questions are always encouraged.
Day Camp at Canyon Lake – “Hometown Heroes”
With 116-acres to play and discover, Comal Park is a beautiful place to attend camp. Get ready for fun! This exciting Day Camp is open to all Cub Scouts entering grades 1-5 who are ready for an outdoor adventure. Your Scout’s day will be filled with fun and enriching experiences focused on Hometown Heroes, including trying out a Ham radio and meeting a K9 Unit. Of course, there will be archery, lake swimming, crafts and lots of fun!
Day Camp at McGimsey (Week 1) – “Hometown Heroes”
Scouting adventures are focused on our local heroes – from members to first responders. Delve into what it takes to be a hero and put these ideas to work by building a first aid kit and participating in a service project to encourage your fellow citizen.
Day Camp at McGimsey (Week 2) – “Marvel Heroes”
Gone are the days of a single hero – there’s far more strength in numbers! Discover individual strengths of your hero and celebrate the talents of others through dynamic activities that take a team to achieve.
Day Camp in Boerne – “Hometown Heroes Week with Kerrville Day Camp”
Founded in 1986, the Agricultural Museum and Arts Center offers visitors an enjoyable learning experience about farming history and also makes a fantastic place for Scouting adventures! Make leather hero badges, homemade ice cream, pioneer rope, and play in the pool. Scouts will earn their rank specific Shooting Sports patch in archery and slingshots.
Twilight Camp McGimsey (Week 3) – “Hogwarts Heroes”
Not all heroes wear costumes. Some wear a school uniform! Enter the world of Hogwarts where heroes are forged through friendship and knowledge… and of course, magical wizard wands!
Day Camp in Kerrville – “Hometown Heroes Week with Boerne Day Camp”
Everybody loves spending the day at the Kroc Center, and we couldn’t think of a better place to have fun! Each day of camp includes swimming, games and crafts. Scouts will earn their rank specific Shooting Sports patch for archery and slingshot.