In Scouting, a jamboree is a large gathering of Scouts who rally at a national or international level. A Council may also host a regional gathering of Scouts, like a Council-wide campout, to prepare youth for the national or world Scout jamboree.
National Scout Jamboree 2021
Every four years, the National Council of the Boy Scouts of America organizes the ultimate Scout experience, the National Jamboree! It is a National encampment that brings together Scouts and adult leaders from throughout the country, along with visiting Scouts from other parts of the world. It is the ultimate in Scouting experiences where you will be able to take part in mountain climbing, kayaking, rafting, shooting, SCUBA and many, many more activities, while meeting Scouts from around the world.
For general questions on Jamboree, please contact the Alamo Area Council Outdoor Adventure Director by email at Adventure@AlamoAreaBSA.org or by calling the office 210-341-8611.
Adult leader applications being accepted now: Click HERE for more information on Adult requirements, and click HERE to fill out and submit an application.
World Scout Jamboree
The World Scout Jamboree is the largest camping event organized by the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM), gathering as many as 50,000 Scouts and leaders from 169 National Scout Organizations.
The WSJ is an educational event bringing together young men and young women from around the world to promote peace, mutual understanding, and to develop leadership skills. The Jamboree will feature the hallmarks of past World Jamboree programs, such as the Global Development Village, the World Scout Centre, a special sustainability initiative, and the socialization elements that allow participants to make lifelong friends from around the world.
We have local advisers to the World Scout Jamboree that can help answer questions and give more information. Please reach out to the Jamboree team by email:
Here are the upcoming Jambo and High Adventure opportunities:
- 2020 High Adventure Meeting (Jan 29th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- 2020 High Adventure Meeting (Feb 26th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- 2020 High Adventure Meeting (Mar 25th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- Powderhorn 2020 Weekend I (REGISTER HERE) (Mar 27th, 7:00 AM – Mar 29th, 2020, 6:00 PM)
- Powderhorn 2020 Weekend II (Apr 17th, 7:00 AM – Apr 19th, 2020, 6:00 PM)
- Bear Creek Adventure (Apr 24th, 6:00 PM – Apr 26th, 2020, 11:00 AM)
- 2020 High Adventure Meeting (May 27th, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- Northern Tier Contingent (Jun 14th – Jun 25th, 2020)
- Summit Bechtel Contingent 2020 (Jun 14th – Jun 20th, 2020)
- Philmont 2020 (Jun 16th – Jun 28th, 2020)
- Sea Base Contingent 2020 (Jun 20th – Jun 26th, 2020)
- National Jamboree 2021 (Scouts BSA) (Jul 15th – Jul 29th, 2021)
- National Jamboree 2021 (Venture Scout) (Jul 15th – Jul 29th, 2021)