Do a Good Turn Daily
Doing service projects together is one way that Scouts keep their promise “to help other people.” While a Scout should do his best to help other people every day, a group service project is a bigger way to help people. While you’re giving service, you’re learning to work together with others to do something that’s good for your community. Service projects may help the natural world, the community, or the chartered organization. #GoodTurnGiving #GTGFridays
The Alamo Area Council is happy to see our youth do a Good Turn and give back to the community,” says Michael de los Santos, Scout Executive of the Alamo Area Council, Boy Scouts of America. “Service plays an essential role in the traditions of the Boy Scouts of America.”
The term “Good Turn” comes from the slogan of the Boy Scouts of America -“Do a Good Turn Daily”- which means to do a special act of kindness, big or small. For more details, visit www.AlamoAreaBSA.org/CommunityService, view the events and resources below or contact the Council Community Service team at GoodTurn@AlamoAreaBSA.org.
The Alamo Area Council coordinates several service activities within the 13 county area in which it serves. We’ve partnered with great community organizations for fun community service events you don’t want to miss. There is something for everyone, regardless of the weather outside. Join us in our efforts to fight hunger or for clean up efforts…all to help others, and feed hope! Community Partners include SA Food Bank, Fort Sam Houston Cemetery, Paseo del Rio, Guadalupe River Authority, SA River Authority, and .
Here is a list of upcoming community service events:
- Mays Days Service Hours Event 4th quarter 2019 (Oct 26th, 2019, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
- Mays Days Service Hours Event 1st quarter 2020 (Jan 11th, 2020, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
- Mays Days Service Hours Event 2nd quarter 2020 (Apr 4th, 2020, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
- Mays Days Service Hours Event 3rd quarter 2020 (Jul 11th, 2020, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
- Mays Days Service Hours Event 4th quarter 2020 (Oct 10th, 2020, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM)