Camping and outdoor programs have been at the heart of Scouting since 1908. The Boy Scouts of America, Alamo Area Council is committed to providing excellent outdoor programs for youth of all ages at our unique council properties – Bear Creek Scout Reservation, McGimsey Scout Park, and the Mays Family Scout Ranch.
In addition to the Alamo Area Council’s local camping facilities and outdoor programs, the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) provide an invitation to challenge yourself at BSA’s High Adventure Bases. No-one offers a more exhilarating or wider variety of high adventure for young people than the Boy Scouts of America. Through high adventure experiences, BSA leaves lasting memories with youth, and fosters development in character and leadership.
From the aquatic adventures of Florida Sea Base to the canoeing or winter camping challenge of Northern Tier; from the backpacking expeditions at Philmont Scout Ranch to the adventure sports programs at The Summit Bechtel Reserve; these experiences will shape you and teach you about yourself. Will you answer the call?
For questions on planning your high adventure, contact the Alamo Area Council Outdoor Adventure Office by email at HighAdventure@AlamoAreaBSA.org.
Upcoming High Adventure Events:
- Bear Creek Adventure Spring (Mar 24th, 6:00 PM – Mar 26th, 2023, 11:00 AM)
- Powderhorn 2023 Setup (Apr 26th, 7:00 AM – Apr 27th, 2023, 11:59 PM)
- Powderhorn Weekend I (Register Here) (Apr 28th, 7:30 AM – Apr 30th, 2023, 6:00 PM)
- Powderhorn 2023 Weekend II (May 19th, 7:00 AM – May 21st, 2023, 6:00 PM)
- National Jamboree 2023 (Boy Troop Scouts BSA) (Jul 17th – Jul 29th, 2023)
- National Jamboree 2023 (Girl Troop Scouts BSA) (Jul 17th – Jul 29th, 2023)
- National Jamboree 2023 (VENTURE CREW) (Jul 17th – Jul 29th, 2023)
- Bear Creek Adventure Fall (Sep 29th, 6:00 PM – Oct 1st, 2023, 11:00 AM)
Refund Policy for High Adventure Contingents
All reservations for Contingents are refundable minus the deposit and any portion of the fees already paid to the National High Adventure Base on your behalf by the date of the refund request received in writing. If additional fees are added to the registration fees by the National Bases, those fees will be added to the individual costs and explained. To submit a refund request or for any other inquiries about the refund policy for high adventure bases, please reach out to Refunds@AlamoAreaBSA.org