Camping and outdoor programs have been at the heart of Scouting since 1908. The Boy Scouts of America, Alamo Area Council is committed to providing excellent outdoor programs for youth of all ages at our unique council properties – Bear Creek Scout Reservation, McGimsey Scout Park, and the Mays Family Scout Ranch.
In addition to the Alamo Area Council’s local camping facilities and outdoor programs, the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) provide an invitation to challenge yourself at BSA’s High Adventure Bases. No-one offers a more exhilarating or wider variety of high adventure for young people than the Boy Scouts of America. Through high adventure experiences, BSA leaves lasting memories with youth, and fosters development in character and leadership.
From the aquatic adventures of Florida Sea Base to the canoeing or winter camping challenge of Northern Tier; from the backpacking expeditions at Philmont Scout Ranch to the adventure sports programs at The Summit Bechtel Reserve; these experiences will shape you and teach you about yourself. Will you answer the call?
For questions on planning your high adventure, contact the Alamo Area Council Outdoor Adventure Office by email at HighAdventure@AlamoAreaBSA.org.
Upcoming High Adventure Events:
- Powderhorn 2020 Weekend I (Aug 28th, 7:00 AM – Aug 30th, 2020, 6:00 PM)
- Powderhorn 2020 Weekend II (Sep 11th, 7:00 AM – Sep 13th, 2020, 6:00 PM)
- Philmont 2021 (Jun 16th – Jun 28th, 2021)
- Sea Base Contingent 2021 (Jun 19th – Jun 25th, 2021)
- Summit Bechtel Contingent 2021 (Jul 11th – Jul 17th, 2021)
- National Jamboree 2021 (Jul 15th – Jul 29th, 2021)
- Powderhorn 2021 Weekend I (REGISTER HERE) (Sep 24th, 7:00 AM – Sep 26th, 2021, 6:00 PM)
- Powderhorn 2021 Weekend II (Oct 8th, 7:00 AM – Oct 10th, 2021, 6:00 PM)