The goal of the Alamo Council Shooting Sports Committee is to provide a safe quality opportunity
to introduce our youth to the shooting sports and the variety of opportunities for growth related to shooting sports.
The Shooting Committee does not have a formal responsibility to train Instructors and RSOs but does try to offer NRA Instructor and RSO training several times per year when volunteers are available to support the effort. Pistol Shooting has been added as a sport for Venturing but no Merit Badge has been established at the time of this publication.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE SPRING 2021 NRA TRAINING INFORMATION – or click on the date and class below
**To attend any training (Cub Scout or NRA Training) through our BSA Instructors you must commit to volunteering 2 times per discipline in a 24 month period. For instance, if you take RSO Training at the BSA rate through our trainer, you will be required to RSO a range at a council level event twice within the next 2 years. We are blessed to be able to offer these trainings to you at a highly discounted rate, and this is so that the shooting sports program can grow in the Alamo Area Council. We hope it will grow in your unit and at the Council level, as well. This can only be done with the help of volunteers like you. If you have any questions about this requirement or anything else relating to shooting sports please email Adventure@AlamoAreaBSA.org
Upcoming Shooting Sports Events:
- Shooting Sports Committee Meeting (Aug 11th, 2021, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM)
- Shooting Sports Committee Meeting (Sep 8th, 2021, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM)
- Council Wide Campout 2021 (Sep 10th, 6:00 PM – Sep 12th, 2021, 12:00 PM)
- Powderhorn 2021 Weekend I (REGISTER HERE) (Sep 24th, 7:00 AM – Sep 26th, 2021, 6:00 PM)
- Powderhorn 2021 Weekend II (Oct 8th, 7:00 AM – Oct 10th, 2021, 6:00 PM)
- Guns, Fire and Knives Weekend (Oct 9th, 2021, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
- Shooting Sports Committee Meeting (Nov 10th, 2021, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM)
- Cub Scout Shooting Sports Day-Fall 2021 (Dec 4th, 2021, 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM)