Cub Scouts is a year-round program for boys and girls 5-10 years old or those in kindergarten – 5th grades.
Family involvement is an essential part of Cub Scouts, and parents are strongly encouraged to play an active role in the program.This family and community-centered approach to learning results in time well spent.
The Purposes of Cub Scouting
- Positively influences character development and encourages spiritual growth
- Helps youth develop habits and attitudes of good citizenship
- Encourages good sportsmanship and pride in growing strong in mind and body
- Improves understanding within the family
- Strengthens kids ability to get along with other youth and respect other people
- Fosters a sense of personal achievement, by helping kids develop new interests and skills
- Shows youth how to be helpful and do ones best
- Provides fun and exciting new things to do
Cub Scout Packs Camping Outside BSA Properties
If your Unit would like to camp at a facility other than McGimsey Scout Park, Mays Family Scout Ranch, Bear Creek Scout Reservation, or a State Park, you 100% MUST complete this form and submit it to Adventure@alamoareabsa.org
ALL requests require Council Approval