Outdoor Adventure and Activities
The Alamo Area Council is committed to providing excellent outdoor programs for youth of all ages at our unique council properties: McGimsey Scout Park, Bear Creek Scout Camp, and the Mays Family Scout Ranch.
Live Your Legacy – Become a Campmaster
The Campmaster Corps is a group of selected registered Scouters who volunteer to serve the Alamo Area Council short-term camp whenever troops, packs, or crews are using Mays Family Scout Ranch, McGimsey Scout Park, or Bear Creek Scout Camp. The function of the Campmaster Corps is to form a strong, well-oriented group of leaders to officially represent the council while at camp.
The purpose of the Campmaster program is as follows:
- Provide a central point of contact for units and other visitors during check-in and check-out.
- Advise units and visitors of camp policies and procedures and enforce them when needed.
- Monitor traffic coming in and out of camp.
- Direct units and visitors to their destination.
- Assist the camp ranger/manager in the event of an emergency.
- Maintain a safe and friendly environment for campers.
- Assist in the protection of council property by helping reduce vandalism and theft of property.
- Assist with minor maintenance at camp to help maintain the property.
We are looking for teams of 2-4 individuals that are willing to give 2 or 3 weekends a year to help create a better environment at our local camps. You may volunteer for one, two or all three camps. There is required training to be a Campmaster and it is offered the first Saturday in June and December each year. There is no cost to attend the training, please register to attend the training by finding the event on the Council Training Calendar.