Roadrunner District – Eagle Board
CoronaVirus Temporary Eagle Process
Since there will be no physical meetings for any Eagle Advancements, we have developed a new process centered around tele-conferencing. Please read the links below:
IMPORTANT UPDATE: New Eagle Scout Project Service Workbook – 2021. This will be required for any new proposal being submitted to the eagle boards.
NORMAL PROCESS (No Health Crisis)
#1 ROUNDTABLE: All Eagle Candidate Scouts will be required to attend Roundtable to sign up for a Eagle Project Proposal or Eagle Board of Review.
Both project approvals and project finals are required to sign up and have their project workbook inspected at Roundtable. The goal is to help the scout be more prepared for the following Thursday.. This will help both the scout and Eagle Board staff by ensuring the Scouts are prepared and the Eagle Board staff have acquired enough volunteers to review all of the projects.
The Roadrunner Roundtable is conducted at Crossroads Baptist Church on 8300 Tezel Road, San Antonio TX 78254 at 7:00pm.
Items to bring:
- Project Proposals
- Project Workbook – Bring everything!
- Signatures – Beneficiary, Unit Leader, Unit Committee Chair
- Project Safety
- Fundraising Approach
- Project Finals
- Project Workbook – Bring everything!
- Eagle Scout Rank Application with appropriate signatures
- Beneficiary, Unit Leader, Unit Committee Chair
- Recommendation Letters
#2 EAGLE BOARD: Attend the Eagle Board on the 2nd Thursday of the month to present Scout project.
- No walk-ins will be allowed
- Scouts are required to sign-up at Roundtable on the 1st Thursday.
- Each Troop MUST bring 2 adults to assist with project reviews
- Scouts Responsibility
- 3 Project workbooks
- Bring all items requested at Roundtable meeting
- Class A uniform
- Scout book
DATE / TIME:
Eagle Boards are conducted the Second Thursday of Every Month at 7:00 PM.
LOCATION OF ROADRUNNER DISTRICT EAGLE BOARDS:
#1 Brookdale Patriot Heights Click here to Map the location of Brookdale Patriot Heights
5000 Fawn Meadow (Tell guard at the gate you are going to the Eagle Board at Main Building)
San Antonio, TX 78240
- John Tedrow (210) 909-6465
#2 Northwest Hills UMC Click here to Map the location of Northwest Hills UMC
7575 Tezel Road (Classroom building – drive to the back and park. Go through glass doors)
San Antonio, TX 78250
- Stephen Tipps (210) 643-3443
Congratulations on reaching this point on your trail to Eagle. Here are all of the necessary forms and documents that you need. Download and print the following files:
1. Eagle Scout Rank Application
2. Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook
3. Information for Filling Out your Eagle Application
4. Guidelines for Obtaining Reference Letter
5. Reference Letter Form
6. Reference Letter Return Envelope Guide
7. Eagle Scout Service Project Fundraising Application
These documents can be found by clicking here.
Several other helpful documents and resources are also available on this website for your use. They are:
This checklist will be used to evaluate your Eagle Project Proposal. All areas on this checklist must be completely covered and included in your write-up. Read it slowly – you will gain a good understanding of what is involved in the write-up of your Project.
Includes 30 steps from the point of deciding that you want to become an Eagle Scout after achieving your Life Rank to the point of achieving this rank at the Eagle Scout Board of Review.
This document has the elements that should appear on the Eagle Scout Candidate’s Final Project Plan from the Eagle Scout Project Workbook.
This document is from the “Guide to Safe Scouting.” It gives recommendations on the appropriate age for the use of tools and equipment. Qualified adult supervision and discipline is always required. The skills of the Scout should be always be considered.
5. Eagle Scout Fundraising Application Process Explained (.pdf) – Information on when it is needed.
6. After Your Board of Review – What happens next?
7. Eagle Congratulatory Letters
Several Sites are available that offer addresses to request Eagle Congratulatory Letters. Each Site may have addresses that the others don’t have.
8. Eagle Rank Advancement News – Updates for Eagle Scout Rank.
9. Navigating the Eagle Scout Project: Information for Project Beneficiaries – Guide that helps explains the Eagle Scout project process for beneficiaries.