Updated COVID Protocols as of 2-24-2022
Based on improving local conditions and updated guidance from local and national health authorities, the Medical Advisory Committee of the Alamo Area Council is updating our policies to reflect the following:
- Units may continue to meet in their normal spaces. Masking is still recommended, especially for individuals not fully vaccinated where social distancing is not possible.
- Council activities will require masks only in indoor situations where social distancing is not possible.
- All participants will be verbally screened upon arrival at council activities or at council properties.
- Testing will not be required for participation at council activities and camps.
- Individuals showing signs of infection will be sent home.
- All guidelines here are subject to review and change based upon changing local conditions with regard to the COVID-19 virus.
In addition to the policy stated above please:
- Isolate if you are sick, and do not attend any activity/meeting/event if you, anyone you live with, or anyone you have recently been around feels unwell.
- Do not attend any activity/meeting/event if you or anyone you live with has been tested for COVID-19 or another illness and does not have the results back yet.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Until further notice, international travel is not considered an official Scouting Activity.
As always, please exhibit the Scout Oath and Law as we continue to navigate a safe return to the activities we enjoy.