The Alamo Area Council (AAC) International Committee encourages world friendship and Scouting fellowship within our Council by promoting contact with foreign Scouting and by offering programs that educate our Scouts about the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM), its programs, history, future, and their place in it. To reach the AAC International Committee, email email@example.com.
- Start or Continue Council participation in the International Camp Staff program
- Start or Continue Council participation in the European Scout Voluntary program
- Present an International Scouting elective at the annual Commissioner College
- Introduce and promote the Messenger of Peace initiative
- Prepare an International Scouting display for Council-wide events
- Promote the World Friendship Fund at all Council training and camping events
- Present International Scouting program features at District Cub, Boy Scout and Venturing Roundtables
- Actively assist in participant recruitment and preparation for World Jamborees and World Scout Moots
- Ensure that Citizenship in the World Merit Badge Counselors are active in all Districts
- Provide Citizenship in the World Merit Badge Counselors for Council and District Merit Badge University events
- Actively promote Jamboree-On-The-Air
- Actively promote Jamboree-On-the-Internet
- Publish regular articles about International Scouting in the Council newsletter and on the Council website
Jamboree on the Air/Internet JOTA/JOTI
JOTA-JOTI (Jamboree-on-the-Air-Jamboree-on-the-Internet) is the world’s largest digital Scout event taking place on the Internet and over the airwaves. Held every year in October, the event connects millions of young people around the world for a full weekend of online activities that promote friendship and global citizenship. JOTA-JOTI enables young people and volunteers to participate in fun and engaging group activities over the Internet and amateur radio focused on developing 21st century skills through Scouting.
This year, JOTA-JOTI takes place from 15 to 17 October. The dynamic programme comprised a variety of non-formal education activities, including webinars, global campfires, talent shows, live shows, fun challenges and more through an interactive 3D campsite. JOTA-JOTI aims to support young people of all ages to learn about communications technology, the values of global citizenship, and their role in creating a better world.