Ten Things You Can Do To Support Scouting
- Enroll your children in Scouting.
They will love it and thank you for it! Read more about joining >>
- Become a BSA volunteer.
With the enormous time pressures in their lives, America’s youth need time well spent. Whether you volunteer as a den leader, Scoutmaster, or merit badge counselor, Scouting will be worth your time and effort because of the benefits it provides to youth.
- Tell your neighbors and friends about Scouting.
Youth love Scouting and its activities, but they love it even more when their friends are involved.
- Get your place of worship involved in Scouting.
Churches, synagogues, and mosques are great places for Scouting activities. The Boy Scouts of America supports the strong ideals and values that families are looking for today.
- Write a letter to your local newspaper.
The Boy Scouts is a great organization that builds character and values. Tell other people about it!
- Write a letter to your United Way.
The Boys Scouts of America is one of the founding organizations of the United Way. The Boy Scouts of America and United Way have a long relationship. Many of the more than 1,400 local United Way chapters support the BSA. Let them know what a great job Scouting is doing in your community.
- Write your local school board president and principal.
Thank them for the opportunity to use their facilities for Scouting activities, for the use of their bulletin boards to get information to youth, and for the access their school provides to help get information to parents of Scouting-age youth.
- Call your local Boy Scout council.
Tell them how much you appreciate what the organization is doing in your community to build tomorrow’s leaders. Contact the [CouncilServiceCenter].
- Organize a Scout color guard for local athletic events or city council meetings.
It is important for people to see Scouting as a meaningful and vital part of the community.
- Financially support a youth in need through our Annual Giving called GIVE THE ADVENTURE
Everyone who shares BSA’s strong values should be able to participate in Scouting. Contribute to Scouting and you will change a life. Read about financial support >>