Highlighting the Benefits of Scouting in the State of Texas
Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturers, Sea Scouts and Explorers from all over Texas march up Congress Avenue to the Capitol. Scout Delegates from each council in Texas, including the Alamo Area Council, Boy Scouts of America, are seated in the House of Representatives and report to a member of the state government about Scouting accomplishments in their council from the past year.
A “Report to the State” is presented each year to highlight and share the benefits Scouting provides in the state of Texas. It provides an opportunity to build the Scouting brand and image as well as increase the awareness and visibility of Scouting’s service. Within our Alamo Area Council, the report to the state provides a source of pride and morale boost.
Latest Report to State and Community Service Posts:
- Flags at Fort Sam – Virtual Event
- Front Yard Food Drive – A Good Turn!
- Scouting for Food 2020 Feeds San Antonio Area Youth
- On My Honor – To Be Prepared -January 2020
- Scouting for Food 2020 is Council Good Turn
Upcoming Report to State and Community Service Events:
- Mays Days Service Hours Event 4th quarter 2020 (Oct 10th, 2020, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
- Mays Days Service Hours Event 1st quarter 2021 (Jan 9th, 2021, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
- Mays Days Service Hours Event 2nd quarter 2021 (Apr 17th, 2021, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
- Mays Days Service Hours Event 3rd quarter 2021 (Jul 10th, 2021, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM)